“Reservation????”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
South Elgin, Illinois, United States
“Reservation????”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Made a 7:30 reservation on Wednesday for Friday night. Arrived at 7:15 and checked in with the hostess. Was told it would be about 20 minutes. No problem. Had a seat at the bar and ordered a bottle of wine. Watched 15 to 20 people come into the restaurant while waiting and saw them get seated as we continued to wait. Asked the bartender if it was usual to wait that long with a reservation. He said it was not uncommon. Turns out the bartender was also the owner. His way of dealing with the delay was to say "there's nothing I can do about it". We finally got seated at 8:00. The food was very good. Our waitress was very attentive and apologetic regarding our delay getting a table. Like I said the food was good. However I felt the owner could have made some type of effort to make our experience at his restaurant a more pleasurable one. A little more sincerity in his response would have gone a long way as oppposed to his flippant response. Obviously the restaurant does a good buisnesss. I wonder how long it will continue with an owner who does not make that extra effort to keep his customers happy. For the $80.00 a bottle of wine and two dinners cost me I can find many other places to eat in the area who might feel that their customer base is their most important asset.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Robert L

Oak Lawn
“Sauce you want to swim in!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Special Sunday GRAVEY, which is smooth, rich in flavor. Whether you dress lasagna, tortellini, spaghetti, any of their
pastas are always perfect! Special sausage & peppers will
be a hit ANYTIME!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank JanisAnneOakLawn
Orland Park, IL
“Real Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

A great Italian restaurant in the southwest suburb of Tinley Park with terrific food and great service. Family owned and operated, showing the care they have for the food they serve and how they treat their customers. Everything on the menu is worth trying for the experience of tasting each item and how it is prepared so perfectly. The pasta is cooked just right, al dente, to give the dish a true authentic taste. The Italian sausage is flavorful and savory. We all shared some of what we had with all at our table so each could find the unique tastes each menu had.

• Visited July 2013
Orland Park, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We love going here anytime, but on Tuesdays, they have $13.95 specials which are out of this world, both in taste and in value. Excellent Italian food (and I'm a picky Italian cook myself), the only restaurant whose sauce I'll eat. Always crowded and noisy, though, but worth it.

• Visited July 2013
Flossmoor, Illinois
“Great food, generous portions”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by my friend. It's on a busy street in a strip mall & easy to over look. That being said, we were so pleasantly surprised. Our waiter was very friendly & recommended some excellent dishes for us. I had a espresso martini that was marvelous! I had the special 3 ensalada with argula, endive, raddichio, pine nuts & gorgonzola that was fabulous. The food was great & we both had enough for lunch the next day. I didn't feel that we were being rushed on a Saturday night. I will definitely go there again. Love Italian food!

• Visited June 2013