“Worn out Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Worn out Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here for one night during our vacation and we would rate this the worst hotel during our trip. The property is worn out and needs a complete remodel. The lift smells,the carpet is worn out, we saw graffiti on the inside of the lift doors and also on signs in the lobby. The windows in the bedroom are constantly covered in condensation and you cant see out! The smell of the popcorn that they make in the lobby each afternoon is an improvement to the normal smell.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

A month after my stay, I am still dealing with unauthorized charges to my credit card and interest charges. Watch your credit card statement! By not following protocol, the desk clerk caused great inconvenience and discomfort for me and my work schedule, for my mother and also my uncle. We got together in Chicago last month for another uncle's funeral, and now an unpleasant event has been made even more unpleasant. I was also never acknowledged a Marriott Rewards member. I will not stay again at Tinley Park Fairfield Inn. The managers offered no more than a generic apology letter. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Not up to Fairfield standards. We sayed on the 3rd floor, the smell hits you as soon as the elevator opens. Fixtures in the room are rusty, carpet is well worn, and tile grout needs updating. Property is moving closer to Days Inn standards than Fairfield Inn.

The staff was very helpful and we did use the fitness club that was provided by the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while waiting to move during relocation. The price was extremely reasonable. The hotel was always clean and the staff was beyond friendly. I am a Gold member with Marriott and I feel that this Fairfield is above many that I have been too. The front desk staff particularly the two young men that worked there are exceptional. They made my stay comfortable, rememberd my name, upgraded me where possible and made a challenging month moving to a new city a much more pleasant experience. The only complaint that I would have is that the breakfast was just ok, not very good choices. I also wish that they had an onsite fitness center but we were able to use LA Fitness across the street for free and that is a nice facility. I received daily room service and they did a nice job. The beds were very comfortable. The heat/ac needs an upgrade those wall models are from back in the day and it was difficult to control the temperature of the room. The free high speed internet was a plus as well. I had a microwave and refridgerator in my room so it made my lengthy stay much more enjoyable. The hotel Manager was also very friendly and he seems to have a great staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank busyasabeeMichigan
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I used my Marriott points to get a free room. My overall impression is that is was a sub par Fairfield Inn. The room looked clean....but the bed sheets felt odd.....the bathroom sink surface had a oily substance that I had to use a towel to clean off.

Once I did go to sleep I was very comfortable. I did have to turn off the room heater because it was hard to regulate. I have found that a common problem with the wall AC/Heater units. I turn them off and the room cools off, but makes for some good sleeping but you have to turn it back on before you get in the shower.

The free breakfast was OK. I am on a diet and they had boiled eggs which was good. They have OJ and apple juice, milk, cereal, and some frozen breakfast sandwiches. They had apples that looked fresh, but the bananas looked like they were frozen and turning black.

So would I go back there. Maybe. There are other hotels in the immediate are cheaper. I usually like to stay at Marriott hotels that offer a free breakfast, but lately, they have been cheap and cutting corners.

Would I recommend this to a friend. Maybe....the area is nice. Near a lot of shopping and restaurants so that might factor in. If it were for a one night stay probably. If longer than one, night probably not.

Some of the comments I read about this place have been fixed. The staff was very nice. The gentleman that checked me in was very friendly. The young lady that was the night clerk was polite, but not overly friendly. The hot tub and pool looked very clean so whatever problems they had in the past have been corrected.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Owings Mills, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

The place worked for me. Clean, fairly quiet and a decent free breakfast. I wasn't looking for luxury so I didn't get it. Staff was courteous and pleasant. Since it was business for me I really didn't use the place for much else than sleep but I would go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

Nothing special about this hotel. The rooms are clean and quiet but it seemed to me that the ACs are way underpowered. TVs are generic CRTs. There is low water pressure in the bathrooms....which makes for a weak shower. The toileteries/towels etc were of the cheap generic kind. There is no fitness center at the hotel but they give you free access to a LA Fitness nearby....which was god.

This hotel is good enough for an economic stay but not much more.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Sleep Inn Tinley Park
#9 of 9 in Tinley Park
3.5 of 5 stars 73 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Tinley Park IL

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park? Share your experiences!