“Location, location”

Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We needed to be in the area for a funeral. Unfortunately, there were no rooms with 2 beds available, so we ended up having to rent 2 rooms. We appreciated the fact they offered us a rate reduced from regular rates, due to our situation. But, right now, I was not given the rewards points for both rooms. Hotel itself was very acceptable. Suited our needs extremely well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Not fancy hotel and that is understandable because its a Hampton but the Hot Tub wasnt functional, the room smelled like smoke, and the breakfast the next morning was poor at best. Staff was nice but had an attitude that you arent staying in a top tier hotel anyway so just accept it....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn Tinley Park. Please accept my apologies that you had a negative experience at my hotel. I am sorry that the hot tub was not functioning while you were here, it has since been fixed. I am also very sorry you felt my staff had an attitude. I have spoken with my entire staff to make sure this does not happen again. I do hope that with our efforts to improve you will remember us the next time you should find yourself in the area.

Dawn K

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at another hotel next to the Hampton a few weeks back. The Hampton was far superior with regards to privacy, had a much quieter and relaxing atmosphere, and the pool and hot tub were very clean/well maintained. I would definitely choose Hampton again for my future business trips.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I used my Hilton points to stay here and it was nice and the bed was comfortable. Nothing spectacular but for what we needed it was more than enough. We went to a concert and the location was great in relation to the concert venue so that was the reason we selected this place. It was also quiet and that was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great place to stay, clean and comfy, friendly staff and quick check in and out. Close to Tinley Park and shopping. Casino in Joliet was about 1/2 hour away and was very nice. Cracker Barrel right down the block and has fantastic food. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having stayed in numerous Hampton Inns throughout Canada and the USA, I was disappointed that this one in Tinley Park was a little sub-standard.
The service was less than friendly and although the room was the regular Hampton sized room, the HVAC system didn't function that well and kept me up most of the night.
The breakfast buffet was not nearly as nice as most of the other Hamptons, and again, the service was less than enthusiastic.
There are 5 or 6 other hotels in the immediate area and they are probably nicer than this Hampton.
Location isn't bad. Near the highway and up the street from some major stores.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
dawn k, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Tinley Park. I take guest satisfaction very seriously and really do appreciate your feedback on our service, breakfast and HVAC system. I'm very sorry to see that we didn't provide the highest level of service during your stay. It is our intent to make sure that every guest who walks in our door is treated as if they are the most important guest in house. That obviously did not happen during your stay and for that I'm very sorry. If you're ever in Tinley Park again, I hope you'll stop back in to give us a second chance. Thank you,
Dawn Kniceley

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had the worst experience at this hotel checking in. make sure even if you are a diamond member, as I am, that you check and recheck your room before coming here as they do not look at your preferences.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I do apologize that you had a negative experience at check in. We do appreciate your loyalty as a Diamond member. We understand that you and your company could choose any hotel but continually choose ours and for that we are grateful. If there is anything that we can do to make the rest of your stay with us better, I invite you to let me know.
Dawn Kniceley