“Excellent room and value”

Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Booked this for my business trip in Chicago. Not a bad drive from Chicago, clean rooms, lots of perks, great breakfast. Paid $90 plus tax through Travelosity, super deal would stay here in a minute again. Wish all were like this would make business travel much easier.

• Stayed: September 2012
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

We appreciate your incredible review! When we are able to impress a seasoned business traveler - such as you - it makes our day! Our goal is to take care great care of each and every one of our guests! We appreciate you and look forward to serving you again in the future.

995 - 1,001 of 1,067 reviews

Reviewed September 14, 2012

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! My fiancé and I recently tried setting up a wedding block and shuttle service at the Wingate Hotel in Tinley Park, IL. We took time off of work to meet with the General Manager at the agreed time of 5PM. Not only did the General Manager not show up, but she did not let us know that she couldn’t make it. When we arrived, the workers at the front desk let us know she wasn’t there. We understand if there was an emergency; however, the GM should have contacted us and let is know she couldn't make it. The front desk was not able to provide us with answers that we had for the GM. When we asked to speak to the GM’s manager, we were told that she did not have one, and that “Corporate” is the only other avenue we can attempt to make contact with. After that the GM made no attempts in the weeks after to follow up with us and did not call back. We continued to call trying to get in touch with her. When she finally did call back 2 + weeks later, it was to say that they had booked 2 weddings already and could no longer accommodate another with shuttle service. No attempt was made by the GM to find another shuttle service for us, and most importantly, no attempt was made to get in touch with us earlier knowing that additional weddings may take up these slots. I’ve never experienced a process where someone in management showed so little effort to try and work with potential customers, knowing full well that we had contacted her months beforehand. It’s unacceptable, and leaves us no choice, but to find accommodations elsewhere. We’ll be sure to advise our venue, friends & family, as well as those researching the hotel on the internet of our experience with Wingate's terrible customer service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so sorry you were not happy with the service you received at our property. Unfortunately, as we discussed, I was called away on a family emergency prior to your arrival. However, the Assistant General Manager was available to give you and your fiance a personal tour of our property and discuss wedding block pricing and shuttle arrangements. She is very familiar with our wedding block& shuttle procedures and entirely capable of answering any questions you may have had. Our property does place a 72 hour courtesy hold on rooms for our potential wedding blocks. As we are limited on how many wedding blocks and shuttles we can commit to, the rooms were no longer available when your fiance called to secure the block. Our property uses an outside vendor for all of our shuttle needs. To avoid unhappy experiences, we limit how many weddings we accept per weekend. Again, I apologize that we are not able to accommodate your wedding block.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I found the staff to be friendly, the rooms nicely appointed and the price quite cost efficient! Breakfast was also great!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for such wonderful compliments! Our team is dedicated to superior customer care and doing our best to take care of our valued guests! We greatly appreciate your sharing your feedback with us and are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our services & amenities at our hotel.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I used to stay at this particular location all the time. I was very disappointed with my last visit when I was accused of making noise and having an under aged drinking party going on in my room. Now when I checked in I was warned of a wedding party that was staying at the hotel the same night who were a little wild and out of control. I feel as though some of the noise that they were making was falsely blamed on me. I checked out the next day and explained to the front desk how I wanted to speak to management to let them know about the false accusations. The general manager Tami Roberson was the one I spoke with after reaching out to the corporation about my concerns. After speaking to her two weeks after the incident she was very rude and disrespectful to me and he hung up in my face as I was crying on the phone to explain that there was a misunderstanding since I have stayed at this location on numerous occasions. I felt she was upset that I reached out to corporate to resolve the issue before talking to her so she was already personally involved in the situation which caused her to be rude. Needless to say she has put me on a ban list for the hotel which will not allow me to get any assistance from corporate with my problem. For her to be the person in charge I feel as though she has horrible skills with people and she is very rude not good customer service skills at all and I am disgusted at the way I was treated. Even if I was not on the list I still would not stay there ever again based on the way she talked to me and repeatedly hung up on me.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Travelquest88
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on the service and accommodations we offer to all of our valued guests. While it is unfortunate of the situation that you created during your stay at our hotel, we have tried to explain the outcome to you several times. I apologize that after over a dozen phone calls to our Corporate Office and hotel directly regarding your stay that occurred several weeks ago, you are still feeling the need to seek additional compensation. As we have discussed numerous times we do not encourage any type of parties at our hotel (especially with underage guests) and have reacted accordingly. I can assure you that such situations at our hotel are handled in a respectful and professional manner by all members of our dedicated staff.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I work at a hotel myself and I have to say, I was very happy with my stay here. My family and I stayed in a standard guest room over Labor Day Weekend under part of a wedding block, and the hotel is immaculate. Crisp, clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. Although they provided coffee makers, it did not work in one of our rooms. No restaurant or bar on site, but plenty in walking distance. Room service is outsourced and overpriced. The only negative thing I experienced was how difficult it was to reach the front desk. The phone would ring for 5+ minutes before someone would answer. Not convenient when you just have a quick question to ask. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was more than I expected; make your own waffles, bagels, omelets, bacon, yogurt, etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

It's always wonderful to receive a great review from another hospitality employee! Thanks for taking the time to leave your positive comments and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here as I was visiting the University of Chicago to see what the campus was like before applying and to re-visit some of the Chicago attractions I've already been to and enjoyed. The rooms were clean, carpet was spotless, and the washrooms were clean overall. The free breakfast was also decent, consisting of make-it-yourself waffles, muffins, and toast with choice of milk, coffee, or orange juice. Priceline has a great price of $93 per night if you stay two nights or more. Definitely go for it if you don't mind driving 30 minutes (acceptable, considering the hotel is right by Interstate 80 which links immediately to I-94) into Chicago or if you are just passing by!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your comments. It is true, we are a very convenient drive to downtown Chicago! I am happy you were able to take advantage of our incredible pricing and FREE parking! I hope you enjoyed your downtown Chicago attractions! We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised by the great accomodations at this hotel. The beds were very comfortable, the room was very clean, and the room was relatively large. We were there for 3 nights, and enjoyed a delicious and different breakfast each morning. The free breakfast was one of the very best we have enjoyed at any hotel offerring a free breakfast. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our Hot Breakfast Buffet! Our Breakfast Hostess's take great pride and making sure you receive excellent service and great quality food options. I will be sure to pass along your encouraging review. We look forward to serving you again very soon.