Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
$136
Hotels.com
$81
1,121 results
All reviewsfront deskfamily weddingroom was cleanwafflescontinental breakfastenjoyed my staywould stay againgreat place to staygreat customer servicebusiness centernice staybusiness triphot tubthe breakfast areastaff was friendlyindoor pooleasy access
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 3 years. My friends ask why I always stay so far away from the city. My answer is.... I continue to choose this hotel because I feel safe, the staff is always helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable (and I especially like the fact they all have a refrigerator and microwave), and you have easy access to the expressway/interstate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! It's great to hear that you enjoy frequenting our property rather than staying downtown! We love having you! Our dedicated staff values your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Hotel is fine (although the fact that the room clock was two hours off, and there was no way to reset it, was annoying), but we had the kind of customer service fiasco that pretty much guarantees we won't go back.

We booked online at the Wingate site for a AAA rate. The person who checked us in didn't ask for our card, which should have been a tip-off that something was amiss. Next morning, at checkout, there was an additional $10 on our bill. When we took it to the front desk (we had our confirmation printout listing both rate and price) the person behind the desk refused to do anything about it. She spun some story about it being a pre-pay rate (interesting that they'd tack additional charges on a pre-pay rate), and that it was done at corporate and she couldn't change it, and all sorts of other things that didn't make a whole lot of sense given the confirmation page we showed her. Needless to say, she was also flat-out rude about it. She kept assuring us that the mistake was ours, with a bit of condescension for good measure. She also refused to call anyone else to help expedite the matter.

This is not appropriate under any circumstances, and it is certainly not when the hotel is in the wrong. Apparently she finally figured this out after we left, as we got a phone call saying as much before we even got home. Nonetheless, while we contacted both the manager and corporate, all parties seem to think that the matter is resolved now that we have actually been charged the rate we should have been charged in the first place. The notion that we're owed an apology for this kind of treatment is apparently not the Wingate way. Be forewarned and double-check everything.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our hotel. It is always our intent to exceed all of our guest’s expectations. We do value your business and appreciated having you as our guest. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you, as we would like to do what we can to change your impression of our hotel. We understand billing errors are an inconvenience and assure you that a correction was made to your AAA rate immediately. Once again, we apologize for the error and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

After driving all night, I arrived at the hotel at 8am on the day of my reservation. I was afraid I would be told to come back after 3 to check in. The desk clerk was very helpful & found us a room that was clean & ready for us immediately. She also told us to have breakfast if we wanted to eat. It was nice to get to eat & clean up before we headed down to Chicago with the kids. Breakfast was good, the entire staff was friendly & helpful. The pool was small, but not too cold like some other indoor pools. Last & most important, the room was clean as was the breakfast area! Oh, and I dont want to forget the afternoon cookies......yum. :)

Room Tip: Be sure you know that a double room is 2 full beds not 2 queens like most other places. If you have kids, get the king bed w/a pull out.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Very_Picky_12
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

I am happy to hear the Front Desk Agent took such great care of you at check in. We always do our very best to accommodate early check ins! Keeping all of our guests happy and comfortable is our number one priority. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Chicago with your children. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here on June 10th to attend the Radiohead concert at The First Midwest Bank Ampatheatre. We choose this hotel because of the location to the Ampatheatre, price and the complimentary breakfast. The hotel staff was pleasant, our room was clean and the breakfast was pretty good. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were not very comfortable at all. We might stay here again if in the area but would probably see what else is available 1st.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

We are so happy you allowed us an opportunity to serve you during your recent visit to The First Midwest Amphitheater. It is always our pleasure to provide you with professional & friendly service. I do hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future. Please give me a call personally and I will make sure you receive a variety of pillows to choose from. It is our goal to ensure all of our guests are thoroughly impressed with our hotel.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn just up the road but decided to take a chance on the Wingate based on the great reviews here. It also didn't hurt that it was a bit cheaper! This property seems fairly new - the lobby, carpet, fixtures, and decor are stylish and in pristine condition. For the first time in my traveling history I was upgraded to a suite, which was a nice surprise. The room was spacious and comfortable. The free wifi was fast enough for me to get some work done. The bathroom was awesome - the shower was a tiled walk-in with a rainshower head, wand, and horizontal sprayers. I'll be back the next time I'm in the south suburbs overnight.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your awesome comments. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while visiting our hotel. We love to spoil our guests with complimentary upgrades to our luxury suite - whenever possible. Please come and let us serve you again soon! Once again, thank you!