“Great value and location”

Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I love staying here. The location is perfect though congested at times entering/exiting the hotel. Lots of shopping nearby. Hotel is clean and modern and waterfall rocks! The staff is very friendly and efficient. The breakfast bar looks very nice and I like the glassware choice for juice. However, the food choices need some work...(waffles are the best option if not watching diet). The price is much more economical than the holiday inn across the street which is not as modern. Will stay here on a regular basis which is once every 6 weeks or so!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. You have recognized our staff and indeed they are our greatest asset. Thank you for your praise of their efforts. You can be certain I will share your positive comments. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I only stayed one night, but I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The breakfast had a lot to be desired. The eggs seemed powdered and the choice of pastry could have been better. Overall the stay was great.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
TamiSaw, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for choosing Wingate by Wyndham – Tinley Park, IL for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast selections - we are currently looking at adding several new options to our expansive hot breakfast buffet. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

While I spend over 150 nights a year in hotels and have the option of staying at over 50 hotels in the Chicagoland area, the Wingate by Wyndham in Tinley Park is by far my hands down favorite. The staff is the most friendly and helpful I've experienced! The rooms are always spotless and comfortable! The business center is well equipped, when needed. The work out room and pool are more than adequate! If you want a big bang for your buck, then the Wingate in Tinley Park is the hotel for you! I know, because I've tried many of the others!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Dear Valuable Guest, You have recognized our staff and indeed they are our greatest asset. Thank you for your praise of their efforts. You can be certain I will share your generous comments. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

This was my first time staying at a Wingate hotel. I was presently surprised. It's a high quality hotel for a reasonable price. Located right off of I-80, it was easy to get to. The staff was helpful and pleasant. The room was surprisingly roomy. Lots of room to spread out to do work, or just relax. The free breakfast was plentiful providing the usual fare. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Tami R, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

We enjoyed serving you and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

I like staying at Wingate by Wyndham hotels. I believe you get good quality for your dollar. You come to expect certain standards. I visited Chicago earlier this month (Oct. 2011) and stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. The hotel staff was nice - very pleasant and helpful, the lobby was clean and inviting, the room was great, but I was disappointed in this facility. The breakfast was less than stellar. While they had the usual full array of items, I had terrible problems with the waffle iron - 2 mornings in a row. Not just me... other people had the same issues with it. I gave up on it. I think it cooks too hot and not matter what you do, everything sticks terribly. It was a mess. The eggs for 2 mornings were not worth eating. The apples needed to have been thrown out. They were severely bruised and rotting and they continued to set them out each morning. I really wanted to stay here because I enjoy a hot tub at night. Guess what? The jets weren't working. I asked about getting them fixed and so did other guests but the entire 5 nights I was there it never got fixed. Seriously? A city the size of Chicago doesn't have one electrician who can fix this in an entire week? Clearly this was not on their priority list. The bottom of the indoor pool and the hot tub had horrible paint jobs. You could easily see where someone had used different shades of paint and a paint roller and not really finished the job. It was bad. The hall carpets had seams that were clearly separating and fraying and threads popping out. There was wallpaper pealing away from walls. They really push their "green policy". If you leave your towels hanging, they will not take them so you can reuse them. We hung our towels EVERY morning but apparently the maids are not aware of this service as they took them and gave us clean sets every day. I left the green card so they wouldn't change the bed sheets either but I don't know if they did or not. Our stay was fine but this facility just doesn't meet the usual standards of the other Wingate by Wyndham Hotels I have stayed at. The person I was with actually made the comment that maybe they were letting it get in this condition because they want to sell it. Maybe??? But even so, it is STILL a Wingate by Wyndham and I was a customer and it did not meet standards. I will still stay in Wingate Hotels but if I go back to Tinley Park, I will pick a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Armadillo17
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Wingate by Wyndham – Tinley Park, IL. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with breakfast service . I would like to have the opportunity to discuss what happened. Please contact me at your earliest convenience 708-532-9300.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Helpful staff and a good room. Enjoyed the location and the WiFi. Good parking.
Hard to find the drive at nite needs signage on 182 street entrance.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest, You have recognized our staff and indeed they are our greatest asset. Thank you for your praise of their efforts. You can be certain I will share your generous comments.

We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Pretty new hotel, great look in the lobby with glass wall waterfall. Feels like a 5 star hotel when you walk in. Rooms are clean and the area has plenty to do, buffalo wild wings, als beef, tgi fridays, fun center down the street. Right off I 80, better for business due to price but do able for most. I wish I had more work in that area so I could stay again!

• Stayed: November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Wingate by Wyndham – Tinley Park, IL. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and would welcome the opportunity to exceed your expectations once again.