“Back Again....and again..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Toledo, Ohio
“Back Again....and again..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I think this is my fourth stay at this hotel, maybe fifth? My last visit to the area the hotel was booked and I had to stay in a different Country Inn & Suites in a neighboring city. Glad I was able to come back to this one on this trip!
Excellent weekend, everyone is always friendly and nice. They even have equipment wipes in their fitness room. Lovely.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tlm0000
lmullan0220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Laurie Mullan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sparland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Booked a room at this property online and specifically asked for a handicapped accessible room with roll-in shower. Was quoted a price but when we arrived the staff informed us of a $10 up charge for the handicapped room??? We paid the extra $10 but we've stayed at County Inn & Suites all over the U.S. for the last 4 years and NEVER had to pay extra for the "privilege" of a handicapped room. After returning home I fired off an email to the parent company asking why this property is charging extra and if a policy change towards handicapped reservations has occurred.

Aside from that, the property is conveniently located, easy to access, the room was clean and had all the necessary amenities. The HVAC unit was extremely noisy and even though we turned it off, it would still cycle from time to time and we did not sleep as well as we could have.

Complementary newspaper at our door the next morning was a nice gesture. The free breakfast was good and the selection was on par with many of these properties. There was plenty of staff to assure the area was clean and kept stocked.

We've come to expect good quality and value from this chain and other than the "hidden' charge for the handicapped room and a noisy HVAC unit, our stay for 1 night was acceptable.

Room Tip: If you book via a website, a follow up phone call to confirm the charges may be in order for this pr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carl H
lmullan0220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
I do certainly appreciate the good things you had to say about us.

Sorry about the confusion regarding your rate and reservation. As I explained when I emailed you previously, it was more that you went from one bed to two...not accessiblity...that was the upcharge. Please give us another to serve you in the future--we'll make it right!
Arad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was here for a week and I enjoyed this hotel better that the other 2 I've tried in the area. The room is comfortable, the location is good. The breakfast is an average one, American style, no so proper for Europeans, but still ok.
I would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bogdan V
Thanks for the review! Hopefully you've had a chance to return, or will soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel was clean and quiet, the prices good, and the beds comfortable. What really made it stand out as something special was how friendly the staff - ALL of the staff - were! Everyone from the front desk, to the breakfast server, to the cleaning and the maintenance staff said "Hello!" with an accompanying smile. That is rare and greatly appreciated by me.

Other benefits include a real breakfast included with the room price - not just a Continental breakfast. I also liked having a "Texas Roadhouse" restaurant right across the parking lot from the hotel. I can't even think of one thing I wasn't happy with at this hotel. It was really nice.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite really is a suite, not just a bedroom with a couch in it. It has a separate b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MistChaser
Thanks so much for the positive review! Hope to see you again!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great experience! Went there for a concert on a date with my husband. check in was easy and no hassles. Had no issues. Room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay again. Very friendly workers. Breakfast was good and hot,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michelleandjulia
lmullan0220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks so much for the great review! I know how much those getaways mean (and how rare they really are!) so I'm glad we could play a part in making it special!

York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

No bells and whistles here. Hotel and rooms are clean, and beds comfortable, but was that was highlight of the stay. Vending machines were available, but out of order. Front desk staff could use some customer service training, and breakfasts were of poor quality. Smoking area is at the front of the hotel, which was a turn off, as it's the first thing you're greeted with when you enter and exit the hotel. I don't recommend staying here unless you have your own transportation, as there's not much around within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Derek E
lmullan0220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I'm sorry that there were a couple of issues that overshadowed your stay. It probably doesn't help you now to let you know that our vending machines are now working, but they are. Additionally, our smoking area is actually on the far end of the building--not the entrance--so I'm sorry that the signs weren't heeded. We are actually undergoing intensive training at the desk, too, so please give us another opportunity to serve you! I'm glad you had a comfy, clean stay in your room!

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Let me start by saying, at checkin I was not asked what form of payment will I be using or what credit card I would like to use for incidentals. Spencer assumed to run my credit card and then bluntly say that the card was denied. Being that I had 2 rooms for 2 nights I was using a different card. Never the less, she put the correct card on file and then I paid cash for the rooms. I was told by Spencer that the Shuttle would be availible first come basis.Later that day I was told by Eric that the Shuttle is booked for a year and we would not be able to use it. I seen other people get on and off this Shuttle. Lastly, 2 weeks later my credit card was charged over $500. and Laurie Mullan, as of today has not returned my money to me. I faxed over the receipts on 8/9/13 as of today still waiting on my refund!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Homewood Suites Orland Park
#1 of 3 in Orland Park
4.0 of 5 stars 314 reviews
Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park? Share your experiences!