“Perfect hotel for families”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Perfect hotel for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old. This is the best hotel I've been in for kids bar none. More expensive places typically have a pack and play for infants - this hotel had an actual crib on wheels. While we were eating breakfast after the first night, the woman behind the desk came over to us and gave my 3 year old a backpack with coloring book, full set of markers, and another toy. Again, never seen that even at pricier hotels. This is my top choice when I travel now.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mike W, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your awesome compliments about our staff and hotel. We strive to make each and every guest experience special and I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your future stays and once again thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was recently married and had booked my after wedding accommodations for myself and my guests at the country Inn & Suites. We had been working directly with a sales rep and I had thought I had everything taken care off. After communicating on his work personal email for months and months making changes to our contract such as reserving a room for an after party (free of charge), reducing the amount of rooms needed to meet our required minimum for group pricing, reserving the shuttle (free of charge), eay check ins, late check outs, room switches, etc. we were informed our sales rep had left the hotel but of course they would honor the contract. This bride almost had a meltdown. There were so many things we discussed and agreed upon NOT in the contract but in the personal emails we had exchanged and was no longer accessible. In steps Joseph McWalter to save the day. He carefully combed through my forwarded emails and honored every little item not in our contract. He was efficient and organized and stopped me from worrying a out everything being ruined. The personal service shown to us as well as our guests was unmatched. We had an early wedding but wanted to continue celebrating when we returned. No problem. Here's the breakfast room. Feel free to do whatever you want. They even provided the plates and silverware for food we had delivered from a local restaurant! Joseph and his team went above and beyond when they didn't have to. As a bride, I should have know. Better to get it in a contract. Joseph said no problem. We will fix it all. During our conversation when I was certain I would lose it, Joseph told me that no bride needs to worry about silly little things like this. It would all work out. He was so right!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank KarynMcB
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Greetings Karyn,

We are delighted to hear that Joe was so accommodating during your wedding weekend. We understand how important it is for everything to go just right for a Bride on her special day, and we always strive to deliver upon that expectation. We wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness, and know you are always welcome at the Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park.

Warm wishes,

chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I took the grand kids here over Christmas break so we could relax and go swimming and just chill. It was great to be able to reward the kids for all their hard work at school! The hotel was very clean and the front desk very helpful. We went a week before Christmas and the hotel was slow so really enjoyed our alone time together. The kids really enjoyed the wonderful breakfast. We decided that this will now be a family tradition every year and we stop to enjoy our holiday time stress free!

Room Tip: We had a suite so the kids could have their own room and my daughter and I had 2dbl beds in the bedr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank swapatty
Greetings Ms. Patty,

We appreciate that you have decided to make us part of your family tradition! We look forward to seeing you next year and we encourage the kids to continue doing well in school. Don't forget to have them check out our Read and Return Library on the next visit. You can take any of our books with you upon departure and the titles may be returned at any of our hotels across the United States.

Graciously,

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here three nights with friends for business/pleasure. Great location with it being about 40 minutes from Chicago and there is a lot of shopping and restaurants very close to the hotel including a nice mall. The rooms are very spacious and there was plenty of room for the three of us. The problem is that the room needs updating and please hotels once there are stains on couches, carpets, etc please replace them. We did not use the pool but it was nice sized for a hotel and the workout equipment looked fairly new. The beds were comfortable but the walls are paper thin so you can easily hear your neighbors. The biggest frustration was the breakfast because I would like to give it a great review due to the variety offered but the items were not refilled and one morning I even told one of the workers that the coffee was gone and the flavored creamer and she never refilled them. I would probably stay again because it's hard to find a hotel that still offers refrigerator, microwave, indoor pool and free breakfast but they do need to do some updating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jwax67
JWax,

I am excited to share that we have plans for some updates within the next year. Please feel welcome to visit again so you can experience our new look. We do have a large variety of Breakfast items, but I am disappointed to hear that the hostess didn't replenish them upon request. I am confident we will deliver the experience you deserve upon your next stay. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a very good experience at this hotel. The staff are courteous and very helpful. We ran out of swimmer diapers for our two-year-old, but they had an extra at the front desk. That saved us the hassle of needing to go purchase some.

There are only a couple things I could be critical of. The layout of the building is a bit inconvenient. There are no services (ice, vending, trash) on the third floor, so we were riding the elevator constantly. The other thing is that the lighting in the pool area is a bit dim. But the water temps were great, so I can't complain. Another good thing -- each table near the pool had its own supply of towels, artfully arranged, which was convenient and a nice touch. Someone put some thought into that.

The breakfast was great, which we've come to expect from Country Inns. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Globe199
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I am delighted to start the New Year off by reading a review from one of our valued guests on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you had a good experience at our hotel, and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. I certainly appreciate your criticisms, and know that we don't take your feedback lightly.

I am looking into adding an additional vending machine and trash receptacles for the other floors. We had an issue with the lighting in the pool area that has since been addressed, and I apologize that is negatively impacted your stay. I welcome you back to see the updates and change your good experiences into great ones. Thank you again for your feedback, compliments and more importantly, for being our guest.

Warmly,

Saint Joseph, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel is convenient to I-80 and in a nice neighborhood. Lots of nearby restaurants and shopping close by. The pool and whirlpool were enjoyable and kept up well. We will consider staying again when we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Frankfort, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The staff are consistently helpful and courteous. The accommodations are CLEAN and comfortable. The breakast is bountiful and delicious. The location is desirable with restaurants within walking distance and easy access to a major expressway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Denise A
Ms. Denise,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review on TripAdisor. It is always meaningful when our guests take the time to thank us for our services. We look forward to your next arrival!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinley Park
Homewood Suites Orland Park
Homewood Suites Orland Park
#1 of 3 in Orland Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park? Share your experiences!