“Great place for Breakfast”
Review of Blackberry's Pancake House - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Great place for Breakfast”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Large portions of good food. A little pricey for breakfast but you get plenty to eat for your money. Everything we had was great!

Visited June 2012

Frankfort, Illinois
“Service, and Manager Back-up”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

First time there. Ordered and was 100% disappointed. Food was warm, if that. And There was supposed to be sausage gravy on it, NOTHING. When told about it the waitress looked like a deer in headlights. Left the food there uneaten. When I told the receptionist she apologized and said "Well, we are busy on Sunday mornings. The place was still only about 3/4 filled. Then she said well she (the waitress) is a little young. So you're telling me the food that was just served was luke warm because it's busy, and the waitress is young? All I got was a bunch of apologies and nothing else. Truly disappointed. We will NEVER go there again if this is the way they are. I ate maybe two, three bites and left the rest. BUT she was enthusiastic, and friendly when she told me "That'll be $23.87. NEVER AGAIN.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“very good!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I went on a recent Sunday. Getting there before nine a.m. was a good idea. We had a short wait, about 5 minutes. No wait for the coffee once we were seated, which is key for us. Waitress was business like at first, but then friendlier as the meal went along. I had the French toast sampler - we had seen it featured on an episode of Chicago's Best - it was very good; my husband ordered an omelet, requesting no mushrooms. His omelet was cooked exactly as ordered. The side of bacon was also perfectly cooked. Our food was hot and served quickly. Even though they were quite busy we did not feel rushed. That said we were in and out in just under an hour. Pretty good, in our opinion. Yes, the prices are a bit high for breakfast, but since we do not eat out every week, we do not mind paying as long as the quality is there. It is at this restaurant.

Visited June 2012
Chicago
“Good food, pricey for breakfast”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good breakfast items, lunch items are mediocre. Soups are excellent. The waitresses can be a bit sour and non friendly, I guess its just a job to them. I just think their prices are too high for breakfast, their portions are large. Excellent pancakes, crepes and waffles.

• Visited March 2012
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Cold food!”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Have been going here for several years, especially for the French toast. Last time we ordered bacon and eggs with the French toast and when the food came the eggs were cold and the bacon was only slightly warm. Waitress brought more eggs and they were only luke warm, ugh! Will not go back.

• Visited February 2012