“Great hotel for business travelers”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hotel for business travelers”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel each week for the past couple months. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-80 and just south of plenty of restaurants [once you get tired of Texas Roadhouse in the same parking lot]. I've stayed in double, king, and suites and each is clean and well-maintained. The gym is averaged-sized but has all the standard equipment one would expect along with working TVs. I usually had to leave prior to breakfast being served but when I did get to enjoy it, it was very good. It does cost money as it goes at all HGI's unless you opt for the free breakfast as part of the HHonors benefits.

The biggest draw for me was the hotel staff! I stayed at closer hotels to where I was working but kept coming back to the HGI because of the welcoming front desk staff. Many would greet me by name and know which room(s) I preferred. I wish I could be as good with names as they were with me so I can give them all the credit each deserves but Brittany stood out as she would do her best to get me into the room I wanted each trip. Big thanks to her and everyone else at the front desk for making my home away from home someplace where I didn't mind spending a week [or seemingly every week].

Would definitely recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: Hotel seems to have a number of suites. Just ask when checking in and they will do their best to ac...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you! Your kind words are much appreciated and Brittany was ecstatic to see her name mentioned. Our team takes great pride in the service we provide and it's guests like you that keep them motivated. I'm glad we can personalize your stay somewhat by putting you in your room of choice. Should there be anything else we can do to make your stays "like home" please do not hesitate to reach out. Have a safe holiday and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The hotel is nice. However it's pretty much just the hotel property itself and there isn't a lot you can add to it. I didn't see a pool however I wasn't really looking. There is no free breakfast which was somewhat upsetting. It's a cook to order type service which will run you $10 bucks. The bar is very small tucked into a corner in there little cook to order dining area.

The hotel is located right across from a Texas Roadhouse which is convenient if you want roadhouse for dinner. The parking lot is actually shared with them in the front.

Overall the room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable though. I enjoyed my stay but again was somewhat disappointed that the hotel didn't offer me more. The location was good for me though as it's right off the interstate close to Chicago.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. Your response is reviewed by our management team to evaluate the needs and experiences of our guests. We are always open to feedback, as your thoughts and ideas are the backbone of what we are here to do: serve our guests. As a business class hotel we do not offer a complimentary breakfast. Each Hilton brand has property specific amenities. For any future Hilton Garden Inn stays, most properties will offer a Bed and Breakfast package with a lower breakfast rate by booking in advance. Or if you are looking for a Hilton brand that offers a complimentary breakfast, try a Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, or Embassy Suites. I apologize that this was an inconvenience to you during your travels. You are always welcome at the Hilton Garden Inn Tinley Park, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My stay at this hotel was Great! My husband and I stayed in the King w/whirlpool room, and the comfort of the bed was awesome. The room was very spacious. The best part of our stay was the customer service we received. After expressing to the front desk staff that it was my anniversary, they congratulated me and gave me my keys to get settled into my room. After being in our room for maybe 10 minutes, Sam from the front desk was standing at the door with a complimentary plate of desserts/fruit. What topped this unexpected visit off was the personal handwritten note from Sam and Linda congratulating us again and telling us to call on them for our every need! This made our night even more special and we are definitely going to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We enjoy hearing about your experiences which are evaluated by our management team to address all guest needs. Your kind words go farther than you know to help motivate our team. Sam and Linda will be thrilled to see their names on this site. You are always welcome at the Hilton Garden Inn Tinley Park, and we hope to see you again in the future maybe for another celebration!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had booked numerous rooms for after my daughters wedding. The rooms were clean, spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. The morning after our stay was great. The girls at the front desk were very pleasant and quick to assist in anything we needed. We all were able to have a very nice breakfast with all of the staff being very pleasant. My grandson really enjoyed the pool too!! I spoke to management about a couple of things and I am very pleased with C. Rada's quick and professional responses....thank you for your excellent customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I really meant it when I said we want every guest to enjoy their time with us. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and I'm glad we could part ways on a happy note. The team gets motivated by great reviews like yours to continue the service we have become proud of across the Hilton Worldwide family. Congratulations on the new marriage in your family and we hope to serve you for many more to come!
Omaha, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

For a Garden Inn, this one seemed less cookie cutter. I ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel. And, overall the food was relatively good. I particularly liked the chicken tortilla soup. I thought that the pillows and bed were comfortable but not particularly extraordinary. I thought that the rooms were not as quiet as some other hotels that I have stayed in. I also was surprised that one morning I could smell the iron or hair dryer in the room next to mine. So, overall the in room experience was good but not excellent. They were upgrading their TVs on the day of my departure to full HD. The workout facility had two treadmills, two elipticals and a bike. There was a nautilus type machine and a couple of weights. It was adequate and could have been nicer - but it was fine. The best feature of this hotel was that they offered WSJ, Financial Times and USA Today. This is unusual anymore and I was pleased to read my WSJ in the morning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for touching on so many of our amenities. I am so happy you indulged in our homemade soup as our Chef takes great pride in his work. We are excited for the upgraded television channels that will bring much comfort to our guest's stay. The WSJ is new for our property so positive feedback reinforces our decision on the addition. To address some of the "not so nice" experience; we want everyone to sleep deep. We will definitely note that the pillows were less than exceptional. We are getting a newer type pillow so this may help for your next stay. I'm sorry the noise wasn't as quiet as you would prefer and it is unacceptable to smell a neighboring room's iron. This will be brought to the attention of our maintenance department to see if there is any troubleshooting we can do on our end. Ultimately, I thank you for your kind review and we hope to see you the next time business brings you our direction!
Menasha, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn is located right off of the highway. Very easy on and off access and close enough to Midway airport. Plenty of parking with a Lonestar restaurant just across the parking lot. The service was great, the hotel is very clean and the rooms are very comfortable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property we sent regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback, which is evaluated by our management team to address the needs and experiences of our guests. Thank you. Your words go farther than you know to help motivate our team. You are always welcome at the Hilton Garden Inn Tinley Park, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Irwin, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Totally enjoyed my stay, the front desk was awesome and very attentive. All my needs were accommadated and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this Hilton Garden. I truly enjoyed the gym, it was secure yet met my needs. It was in close proximity to many restaurants and shopping areas as well as the business that I needed to attend to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

C-Rada, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank for being an awesome guest! Your kind words go further than you may know. I think it's great that we can provide the surrounding companies a place to send their employees to experience the warmth and comfort they deserve. Your review will help motivate our team to continue their hospitality to everyone that walks through our doors. Again, thank you. You are always welcome here and we look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinley Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton
#1 of 3 in Orland Park
Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park? Share your experiences!