“Surprize in a Train Station!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Parmesans

Parmesans
Ranked #27 of 140 Restaurants in Tinley Park
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are located inside the Tinley Park 80th Ave Metra Train Station.
Chicago, Illinois
“Surprize in a Train Station!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

JMJ Unexpectedly ended up here for lunch and really was surprized!! When the restaurant is open you do not have to pay the Metra parking lot fee of $1.50! Park on the south side of the railroad tracks ( there is also parking on the north side and if you can find it, there is a tunnel in between that connects them). The service was very good and they were patient with us trying to decide on the menu. You can just grab a little bite or snack for the train ride; sit and eat a full meal; or have a wedding reception or shower in the different parts of the building. The views are very good and if you like trains, you can admire the passing Metra trains sitting along the windows. There is a large fire place with a copper top that is beautiful. The prices are a little high and keep an eye out for the extra added in ( fries, cheese, etc.). They have had coupons on Groupon and have some other coupons on line also. Really enjoyed this place that I'm sure most people don't know exists. That is good because it keeps it cozier.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mother15
Parmesans, Owner at Parmesans, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Hi! Thanks for the positive words! I'm so thrilled that you like our unique location. I encourage you to visit our website for a $25 gift certificate for only $10! We hope you try us again!

Orland Park, Illinois
“Great location and meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is my second review of this family owned restaurant the first being it's main Frankfort location. This one is within the Tinley Park Train station. Most commuters probably don't realize that it exists because they merely get on and off the train. Most probably don't realize that they can phone in an order and pick it up when they arrive at the station for a great meal to take home. The Station has the same fantastic menu, portions, and food as it's Frankfort location. We met our daughter for dinner last night as she got off the train. Hot garlic bread and Pesto are provided for starters (ordering a take home order of their fresh made Pesto is a MUST). We ordered: Meat lovers Pizza, Vegetable Primavera Pizza, and Eggplant Parmesan with pasta. The portions were huge resulting in 3 doggie bags. I encourage you to look up their menu at www.Parmesans.com. If your looking for a quality meal I highly recommend a visit to either location. Although the Station does provide a nice atmosphere. Commuters should take advantage of this great convenience after a rough day at the office.

• Visited May 2014
Parmesans, Owner at Parmesans, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Hello! Wow thank you for the kind words. It truly means a lot to us here at Parmesans. I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal with your daughter, that's great! I do hope you try us again. Thank you for the support! It means the world to my family and I.
“Back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Yes indeed great food, once again a good experience. Eggplant parmesan, and penne was delish, and desert.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank itslimetime
Parmesans, Owner at Parmesans, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Hello! Wow two great reviews? Thank you!! I'm so happy that we've been able to keep you a happy, and well fed customer. We work very hard to make sure our customers and community are satisfied with us. We hope to see you again soon'!
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden gem, unique experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I normally wouldn't write a review for a local place, i.e., a few blocks from my house, but I need to set the record straight about this place. It is good. Period. I know what you are thinking, it is in a train station, there are hardly more than 2 or 3 tables occupied on any given night, it can't be any good. But it is. I was skeptical at first also. I take the train every day and never thought about eating here because, well, it is the train station. But it is so much more. We finally decided to go here for my birthday, and I am glad we did. First of all, the atmosphere is unique and rather cozy. The inside of the station actually looks like a ski lodge with cathedral ceilings, a gas burning fire place, a granite bar, lots of large windows, and white table clothed round tables. They host wedding showers and other events occassionally the weekends, and use the same linens, silver, and china for their regular diners -- which feel way to elegan for an italian place in a train station. But that's the point. This place will surprise you in many ways. Like I said, I have only seen a few tables occupied at any given time. We got to pick where to sit, so we chose by the large windows facing the tracks so we could watch as any trains go by. Our drink orders were promptly taken and fresh garlic rolls were brought to the table with homemade pesto. The bread was like a cinnamon roll but instead of cinnamon in between the layers of rolled up dough, it was fresh garlic and butter. Wow! Really good, but don't forget the breath mints. Being the only table occupied at the time, we were a little surprised at the laid back pacing of the wait staff. They took our appetizer order, and it of course had to be made fresh, since we were the only ones there at 6:00pm on a Saturday. The good part about this is that you know your food is not just sitting under a heat lamp. It is actually made right when you order it. The downside is that it might take a little time to bring out. But relax, enjoy the atmosphere. You get treated as if it is your own private dining experience, which is nice. Have a glass of wine -- it is reasoanbly priced and there are some good choices. For appetizers we had the boneless buffalo wings and the fresh made farm chips (potato). Both were very good. The buffalo sauce was unique and had a sweetness to it, almost like a spicy sweet and sour sauce. Different, but good. The chips were great. They are fresh cut and fried up hot, the topped with a parmesan seasoning and served with a dipping sauce. We had a great ceasar salad, which for $7 was probably the best deal because it was huge, well dressed, and felt very fresh. The pizzas are great fresh dough in a wood fired grill, and they are enough for 2 people to split and only $13. The only downside is they could use a little more sauce. But the dough is very unique and delicious -- not a thin crust, but not pan pizza either. The star of the entrees has got to be the chicken parmesan. It consists of three huge chicken breasts lightly breaded covered in cheese and red sause, with a side of spaghetti and marinara. There is enough food there for two or three meals, and it was pretty tasty. The sauce on the spaghetti could use a little more flavor. Another great entree was the chicken parmesan sandwich. For eight bucks, the thing is about a foot long and is basically an entire loaf of bread that they slice open lengthwise and fill with the same chicken parmesan, sauce, and cheese. One person in our group of 8 usually eats half a sandwich and takes the other half home for leftovers -- here at Parmesons he was only able to eat half of a half because it was so big! The only real hiccups besides the laid back pacing of the meal was the fact that they advertise gluten free pasta but when we ordered it, they said they didn't have any. How hard can it be to keep in stock? In any event, we will definitely be going back, probably for a ceaser salad and a chicken parmesan sandwich. In the summer we will definitely take advantage of their outdoor patio. I can't speak to their desserts because we came home to have birthday cake.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Chris S
Parmesans, Owner at Parmesans, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Hi! Thanks so much for the nice and honest review! I'm so glad you've enjoyed your experience at Parmesans Station. I do apologize for not having gluten free pasta that day. We have fixed that issue and are now always able to serve gluten free pasta! I encourage you to try it out, as well as out gluten free gourmet pizzas and gluten free chocolate fan cake dessert!
Chicago, Illinois
“Wow, what a train station.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

If you like good pizza, and other Italian dishes great. Drinks, beer, wine, and soda etc. Very nice, clean, to or from the train. But personally nice atmosphere and a nice place to eat weather you dine inside or outside. You don't have to rode the train to enjoy this stop. I'll be back.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank itslimetime
Parmesans, Owner at Parmesans, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thanks so much for the great review!!