“Disappointing, and Not a Good Experience”
Review of Tin Fish

Tin Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Tin Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 141 Restaurants in Tinley Park
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“Disappointing, and Not a Good Experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Went for dinner at 9:00 pm on New Years Eve, 2012. (We had made a reservation online.) My boyfriend had the Grouper from the Specials menu, and I ordered the 1 lb Alaskan King Crab Legs, also on the Specials menu (the first item). I normally would not get something that expensive (listed at $45.99), but since it was New Years Eve, I went ahead. We both had a glass of wine, and he also had a mixed drink. His entree came with rice, and mine with homemade mashed potatoes. We were not offered any substitutions, and neither came with salad or soup, or even a vegetable. His fish was okay, nothing special, but my crab legs were really good. But when we got the check, the charge for the crab legs was $10 more, $55. When he questioned it, the waiter told us he brought me the one from the regular menu, which was supposedly 22 ounces instead of 16, and was more expensive. He assured us that my dinner was the larger portion, and since we had no way of knowing whether it was or not, we paid the bill. But when we ordered, the waiter had asked us if we wanted the grouper from the Specials menu, and we said yes, so we assumed he knew we also wanted the special for the crab legs. He should never have made the assumption that we wanted the crab from the regular menu. I wonder if this happened to anyone else. At any rate, I feel the food is overpriced for the quality, and for what you get. As for atmosphere, there really is none. Going forward, we will take our business to Bonefish, Dover Straits, or any number of other seafood restaurants.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank ForTheUnderdog

Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I didn't even realize this restaurant was over there -its in a strip mall. Excellent food and terrific service. Easy location. Will definitely return.

Visited October 2012
Lake Village, Indiana
“Our weekly indulgance”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I can't stay away from the Tin Fish. The staff, food and atmosphere just keep us coming back. Oysters are fresh and delicious; salmon flat bread is delicious, and if you arrive before 5:30 p.m., you can choose from the happy hour menu at discounted price. Nick, Kristin, Sarah, Curtis, and everyone else always takes care of us.

Visited November 2012
Williamsburg, Iowa
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We tried several different items on the menu and loved most of them. The "Hen of the Woods" was less than impressive. It needed a lot more seasoning, not worth the $10 when you have to season it yourself.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Stephanie K
Plainfield, Illinois
“Great fish”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were in a group of seven and were promptly taken care of. The server was very knowledgeable regarding the menu. Everyone enjoyed their meals.

• Visited October 2012