Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Concert

I read reviews before going to be prepared: 1. Uber in bc parking is horrible 2. Take water... read more

Reviewed October 7, 2018
amberdblue
Troy, Missouri
via mobile
Adequate

Visited for Ozzy's No More Tours. Acoustics were good. Sightlines were good. Food and drink... read more

Reviewed September 26, 2018
deestand
Evergreen Park, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews premium parking black sabbath vip entrance preferred parking outdoor venue summer concert drink vendors great concert venue great seats miranda lambert rod stewart general admission reo tailgate merchandise
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just saw Train there Sunday night. we arrived at 710 after concert began, so we were towards the back of the parking lot, which ended up helping us when time to leave. It only took us about 15mins to get out of the lot (cops were directing traffic for this concert). Yes the beers are $10 and it is mainly bud light, but they did offer some other drink options....not sure about the cost. Had a pulled pork sand from the BBQ truck and it was good. The people working the beer counter and BBQ truck were very friendly!

I thought acoustics were ok, we sat in sec 103. It did get hot were we were sitting. I didn't even try going to bathroom in ladies room. Instead they had row of outhouses near gate 3 that were clean and I didn't have to wait more than 3-5mins to go!

I would see a concert here again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you like only Bud Lite, standing in the girls washroom for 20% of the evening, poor sound systems, and sitting in a parking lot for over an hour after a concert, then come watch your favorite group here!
OK, it is tough to manage 30,000 people, but, c'mon! This is 2013! When you have this size of a crowd and no lines for a beer....get a clue! 12 tappers of Bud LIte, and one of "premium beer" (Goose Island Summertime) at each food/beverage area....get a clue! Seriously, get some good beers! No amber beers, no dark choices. C'mon....This is 2013!
I have not seen this situation for washrooms since the old White Sox ballpark. Absolutely no line for the guys, and over 50 ladies must miss 10+ min of the concert with each washroom visit to stand in line? Every time! C'mon! I missed Pat Monahan singing my favorite song, while strolling by my seat due to this situation.
And, the sound system? Stinks! Go to Charter One Northerly Island, where the sound is as clear as can be (saw Train there last summer). Nothing against Train, The Script, and Gavin DeGraw....you all were great! Put on a great show! And, will go an see you again, but not here.
Unfortunately, we left early (first time ever leaving a concert early)....could not bear that parking lot fiasco.
First Midwest, get a clue!

3  Thank SOGChicago
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Actually, the venue was quite nice, much better than I had anticipated. I was a bit taken aback being in a crowd of some 35,000 people, where you could count on one hand the security personnel over the age of 17. There were kids all over the place, standing precariously on the cement walls, in clear view of the teenage security who were probably afraid to reprimand the mothers who were boosting the kids up onto the walls. Even the medical staff, with all of them put together couldn't have had more than 1 or 2 years experience, and in a suburban setting such as Tinley Park, this is certainly not much to speak of. I suppose all is well, as long as there aren't any real emergencies.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I took my teen daughter and her friend, also 16, to the One Direction concert on Sunday, July 14. We don't live too far west of the place so we took the back road, which I highly advise. Once we got about a mile from the place, we hit the traffic jam everyone is talking about, on Ridgeland, south of the park. What would help there is if cops directed traffic at that light. When the light would change from our direction, there was nowhere for cars from our side to go, so the only way to make any headway was to just go and block the intersection (it didn't help that people kept turning right on red from the other direction!! Yes, road rage city!!). From that point, like I said probably a mile, tops, it was 40 minutes to get to the gate of the park (I did time it from the time we hit the backup and when we hit the backup it was 6 p.m. for a 7:30 show). This park needs MANY more access points, that's the problem here. Also, I did not see any "real" cops helping, which is common at other venues I have been to. I think for this particular concert, it is important to remember that this was SOLD OUT... every last lawn seat, so it might be the worst case scenario for traffic. Once you get into the park, there is no signage for lot numbers, no helpful pepole... it truly is a free for all. We went to eat after we dropped them off, and getting out at that point was no problem. As we came around the other side of the park, cops had one main entrance blocked off. Maybe that's part of the problem? From what I could see there were only THREE entrances to get into ONE parking lot for what, 12,000 people trying to get into the show? You truly are on your own here. It is EVERY bit the nightmare people are writing about. I have tickets for the Blake Shelton concert here on Aug. 3, will need to think about my strategy for that. If you are dropping off, they have a "plan" for that, but it's a nightmare as well. They say to be back there by 9:15 because I think after that they switch the in roads to out roads only. Not sure where you would access it after that, probably the other side. We got back to the parking lot at 8:50 or so, and wouldn't you know, it was JUST as One Direction was going on stage! So we sat in the parking lot for about 2 hours, but we had no choice. Couldn't they time it better? We would have enjoyed more time at dinner or having ice cream somewhere in Tinley. Yes, it probably is a better choice to go somewhere else to see a show, but this is just so close for us. As for parking, I THINK regular parking is FREE, but that VIP parking (not sure what the difference was though!) was $30. The girls did enjoy the show... they are One Direction freaks! LOL. No complaints from them, but they did avoid the bathrooms! :) Oh, I would add, from what I discovered beforehand, there is NO First Midwest Bank Ampitheatre website! Isn't that dumb? There was a LITTLE info from the bank's website and also Live Nation, but nothing substantial. They NEED a website!!!

3  Thank cici23
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Question: How can you make an event that should be one of the most exciting times our you or your child life the WORST experience ever? A: Take them to First Midwest Bank Amphitheater (which would be more appropriately name Last Place on Earth Amphitheater). I, too, spent several hours on the road to take my daughter and her friends to see One Direction in "Stinky Park" and was outraged to see the complete lack of accountability from not only the staff I encountered at venue, but from the local police department as well. In order to travel the last 2 miles into FMBA we spent 1:45 hours waiting in traffic - with every road-raging nut trying to either cut you off, call you vulgar names or threaten (yes, threaten to murder you if you didn't let them cut in front of you). The police were called and all they could offer is "well, you should expect this for a concert". REALLY?? Then you get into the venue and have to tolerate complete ineptness from the staff parking you - again, limited signage and an attitude of "how can I not help you today". TERRIBLE! The venue it self should be razed and converted back to a nice sanctuary that seems to be surrounding it - there are already enough Dodo birds there so they should be right at home. Leaving the park - read the above comments as ditto. Actually had three separate people tell me that it was their job to make sure traffic flowed out of the parking lot - even though they were standing right there looking at the cars sit for hours. Not even an attempt to locate someone to get it moving. Yes, more parking lot rage, curse words and an overall proud moment to see how people act when no one can offer advice or assistance. I would NEVER GO BACK there even if Elvis and Michael Jackson were to make a surprise joint comeback concert. My advice is stay away from there unless you want to spend hours in therapy after visiting there.

4  Thank Scott O