“good night's sleep”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“good night's sleep”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was clean and newly refurbished, bed very comfortable. Everything in working order, nice room darkening shades that really worked. Quiet in spite of the fact that the little leaguers were staying there. Staff friendly and helpful. No problem with check in or out. Close to the highway, good area with everything you could need nearby. Didn't stay for breakfast so I don't know how that is.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Service was personable, room was quite, clean and cozy! Arrived late and found room warm and ready for occupation on a very cold night, I did not have to turn heat up and wait for it to warm up. Room was very clean and parking was right by front door. Parking was well let and felt very safe and secure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ames, Iowa
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I read multiple reviews about La Quinta Inn in Tinley before we went there, and decided to stay there instead of our usual (Sleep Inn). We were very disappointed. Upon check in the man at the front desk couldn't find our reservation and kept saying "Are you sure this is where you've reserved a room?" I'd booked months in advance and found this to be annoying. Then he complained about my AAA card's text being too small.

The room was fine, and amenities were good, but this was probably the loudest hotel I've ever stayed in. It could just have been the people that stayed there during our stay, though. We could hear people talking through the walls, toilets flushing, screaming down the hall, singing across the hall. It was just not a good place to stay for a restful getaway. It probably didn't help that the cleaning crew's room was right outside. We were awoken early in the morning with vacuums running and slamming doors.

Compared to other hotels in the area, the La Quinta is also not well updated. It needs a revamp.

After I wrote a full review about the hotel they responded with a "thanks for responding. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We look forward to your next reservation!" That didn't seem to me like they cared at all about us as customers. After this stay, I'll never stay at a La Quinta again.

Room Tip: Avoid staying by the elevator or near the cleaning crew's storage room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Tinley Park hotels

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here twice during two consecutive weekends as it was the half way point during a long road trip to see family. The first weekend we stayed, the room seemed fine at first glance but on closer inspection there were hairs on the toilet, water spots all over the bathroom floor like it hadn't been mopped, dirt on the bathroom floor, and the shower had obviously not been really cleaned in quite a while (I could scrape the dirt off of the shower walls with my finger nail). The carpet had not been vacuumed. There were fingerprints all over the mirror. The list goes on and on.

We did complain during that stay and they comped our next weekend stay for free which we appreciated but the bathroom in that room was still really dirty (I won't go into detail but it's a long list) so I don't think our first experience was a fluke.

We will not be staying at this hotel again in the future and I would encourage others to save their money and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012
Michigan Center, Michigan
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was busy and full but staff were great. Took time to answer our questions. Typical breakfast - not fancy but had everything I normally eat at home anyway. older property but very clean facility. The location was very convenient, safe and well lit. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very clean, nice room with microwave & refrigerator which I wasn't expecting so it was a nice surprise, pets allowed with no problems, nice hot tub, good breakfast, nice staff, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo