“Excellent staff and service”

Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The staff were wonderful and helpful. The front desk was able to give me a later check out time and hold my belongings after check out until the time for my departure. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

It was our pleasure to serve you - we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I will start off by saying that the front desk staff was awesome! Friendly and helpful. That's where the good times ended. Starting in the bathroom, the toilet had feces around the bowl. The shower was like a maze, not for me. The bed's fitted sheet didn't fit properly and all night I woke up sleeping on the bare mattress. Kept fixing the sheet and it still was coming up. Walls were paper thin. One of my neighbors had really bad gas and I kept hearing the sound of really lound flatulence coming through the walls. The pool area was nice and clean but the pool was ICE cold. The hot tub was the temperature the pool should've been. Local restrauant, Bananas, has a limited menu. What's on the menu isn't worth eating. Eat somewhere else. Ordered room service the night before to be delivered the next morning. Never came. Called and they said they forgot.

2  Thank SAUI

We apologize that your experience with us was not as you'd hoped. As you can see by our other reviews that was quite the exception from what customers' experiences with us have been. We hope you give us a second chance to earn your business.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

The staff were really wonderful. They gave us passes to the la fitness and the staff there were great also. The hotel was in a great location easy to find close to everything I could want. It was also very clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and look forward to coming back

Stayed: February 2014
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to go to LA Fitness when you were here! We've found that many of our guests enjoy the amenity of being able to use such a nice health club when staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had reservations for 2 nights - Friday and Saturday night. We arrived at 4am on Friday morning, and the front desk gal let us check in as an early check in (instead of charging us an extra night). She said anything else would be greedy - very nice and I'm very impressed. We slept for a couple hours - I was more concerned with having a safe place to keep our stuff while playing in Chicago. While we were out, they cleaned our room - I was surprised since we were an early check in. ALL of the front desk staff was pleasant throughout our entire stay - no complaints there.

Saturday morning I had to head to the convention center for a Pampered Chef event. I left my three daughters sleeping in the hotel room (they are adults). I was disappointed with the professionalism of the housekeeping staff that morning - they were loud, yelling down the hallway at each other with occasional use of profanity. My girls don't get to sleep in often, and I would think that the staff would be thoughtful of the guests who may be sleeping in on a Saturday morning.

The plumbing in the bathroom was odd (push down faucets), and it made it very difficult to wash your face because the water wouldn't run for more than a second. That was very frustrating. It was also very loud when it shut off.

Overall, this is a nice property and very pleasant staff. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

We are delighted you were able to join us for the weekend! Your comments are most appreciated. We will look into the areas where we may better serve you in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The weather was poor and the hotel let me check in early. The front desk made sure I knew the best way to get to the conference, since it was at the far end of the convention center. I was also given a better rate than the one my colleague booked, even though she prepaid since I am AAA. Convenient location. The only small complaint I have is that the door into the bathroom closes off the toilet area when the door to the bathroom is open. It made things seem more conjested.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments. You picked a very snowy weekend to be here! Being able to remain inside to access the Tinley Park Convention Center came in handy. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have come to this hotel as part of a convention for the past 4 years. Each year is the same; friendly staff, clean rooms and excellent public areas.

The rooms are well appointed with flat screen TVs, all the amenities you would expect and best of all, a LARGE bathroom.

It's located right on I-80 south of Chicago and is easy to get to.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your review - it made our day! We hope you continue to return for the convention each year!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I like how close the Holiday Inn is to I-80 and how it connects to the Convention Center. There are a number of stores and restaurants within a short drive. My room was as good if not better than expected. The only reason I did not give it an excellent review was because of the noise. It was most likely due to the fact that my room was across from the ice machine, pop machine, and elevators, but it was disrupting. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and got a chance to get out and see Tinley Park a bit. Our location is certainly convenient to I-80. Next time you're here be sure to check out downtown Tinley Park - unique shopping and dining. Looking forward to having you return!