“Great Front Desk Service!!!”

Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Madison, Alabama
“Great Front Desk Service!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had reservations for 2 nights - Friday and Saturday night. We arrived at 4am on Friday morning, and the front desk gal let us check in as an early check in (instead of charging us an extra night). She said anything else would be greedy - very nice and I'm very impressed. We slept for a couple hours - I was more concerned with having a safe place to keep our stuff while playing in Chicago. While we were out, they cleaned our room - I was surprised since we were an early check in. ALL of the front desk staff was pleasant throughout our entire stay - no complaints there.

Saturday morning I had to head to the convention center for a Pampered Chef event. I left my three daughters sleeping in the hotel room (they are adults). I was disappointed with the professionalism of the housekeeping staff that morning - they were loud, yelling down the hallway at each other with occasional use of profanity. My girls don't get to sleep in often, and I would think that the staff would be thoughtful of the guests who may be sleeping in on a Saturday morning.

The plumbing in the bathroom was odd (push down faucets), and it made it very difficult to wash your face because the water wouldn't run for more than a second. That was very frustrating. It was also very loud when it shut off.

Overall, this is a nice property and very pleasant staff. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
We are delighted you were able to join us for the weekend! Your comments are most appreciated. We will look into the areas where we may better serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Paris, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

The weather was poor and the hotel let me check in early. The front desk made sure I knew the best way to get to the conference, since it was at the far end of the convention center. I was also given a better rate than the one my colleague booked, even though she prepaid since I am AAA. Convenient location. The only small complaint I have is that the door into the bathroom closes off the toilet area when the door to the bathroom is open. It made things seem more conjested.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments. You picked a very snowy weekend to be here! Being able to remain inside to access the Tinley Park Convention Center came in handy. We hope to see you again soon.
MAYFIELD HEIGHTS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have come to this hotel as part of a convention for the past 4 years. Each year is the same; friendly staff, clean rooms and excellent public areas.

The rooms are well appointed with flat screen TVs, all the amenities you would expect and best of all, a LARGE bathroom.

It's located right on I-80 south of Chicago and is easy to get to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review - it made our day! We hope you continue to return for the convention each year!
Mendota, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I like how close the Holiday Inn is to I-80 and how it connects to the Convention Center. There are a number of stores and restaurants within a short drive. My room was as good if not better than expected. The only reason I did not give it an excellent review was because of the noise. It was most likely due to the fact that my room was across from the ice machine, pop machine, and elevators, but it was disrupting. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SalesTPHICC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and got a chance to get out and see Tinley Park a bit. Our location is certainly convenient to I-80. Next time you're here be sure to check out downtown Tinley Park - unique shopping and dining. Looking forward to having you return!
Mount Morris, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn because we were participating in the NARBC reptile expo at the convention center and it was convenient to be right next door. Our room was clean and spacious. My only complaint was that our refrigerator was not working properly and i had to turn it all the way up to get it to work properly. We will be staying here again in March.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SalesTPHICC, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will take a look at the room refrigerator to see what the problem was. Looking forward to seeing you again in March!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Based on previous reviews, I did not have high expectations for my stay at Holiday Inn. But, I was very pleased. The staff was professional and pleasant. The room was nice and comfortable. The location was convenient to the Interstate, Midway,etc. The rate was reasonable. If I need to be in the area again, i would stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family is originally from this area so we come to visit frequently. This is our usual spot to stay. Clean, updated facility with friendly staff. The location is convenient but I cannot speak for the price as we almost always book with reward points. This is like our second home in the Chicago area!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family