“Hotel, restaurant and attached convention center”

Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Tinley Park hotel and convention center, one night in a regular room and one night in a suite. This was a business trip. This hotel is south west of Chicago, just off I80.

Across the street is a Culvers restaurant and at the corner is a gas station and convenience store.

I arrived early in the afternoon to find the front desk staff friendly and welcoming and my room ready. This hotel is not new however the hotel and property are clean and reasonably well kept.
Attached to the hotel is a convention center. I was here for an event at this convention center.
Staying at the onside hotel, attached to the convention center via a corridor, was convenient for me.

Also attached to the hotel is Bananas Grill and Bar. This is a restaurant with a full bar. I did have an all-appetizer dinner and beverages here one evening with a group of associates. The restaurant was busy but the wait staff did a good job keeping us hydrated and fed.

The hotel also has a pool, hot tub and two exercise rooms, one with a weight machine and the other with cardio equipment plus a steam room. All looked to be clean and well kept.

My standard room was a nice size, and of course the suite was larger plus had a walk in shower.

The satisfying surprise was the friendliness and cooperative nature of the staff at the convention center. I was there early to set up and stayed late to take down for our event. The staff helped get items as needed to make our event a success.

The hotel has password protected free WiFi and the convention center had open free WiFi.

The parking lot was well lit. I went for a walk in the morning and felt safe.

When I need a room again in the Tinley Park area I will stay here again.

Did you find this review helpful? If so please click on the “YES” below.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelVlogger
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review! Hope to see you here in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My last stay here, Aug. 2011, was not a very good one......
TODAY.... May 2013 is not the greatest experience either.
As a traveler....who frequents Holiday Inns... three to five times a week... I have to say, this hotel is ridiculous.
We have several staff members who check in... at all hotels... usually at same time... with NO ISSUES.
This hotel... is so "TECHNICALLY CHALLENGED" its really pathetic. They almost act like you're going to "steal" a room or something... They are friendly, but it's not a genuine friendliness... it's FAKE... DISTANT... REHEARSED.
Loud Hallways... loud door slams throughout the day.
If you order extra soap. or some other items... plan on a WAIT... I had to go find a housekeeping lady to get some shampoo... I called front desk... NEVER SHOWED UP... thirty minutes later... I went and found a housekeeper who gave me some.
For a HOLIDAY INN>>>>> It NEEDS AN OVERHAUL.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chrome1007
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I'm very sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the best hotel around for the $$. Stayed for business and the staff are the best. From the front desk to housekeeping, friendliness is abundant. The hotel is very well kept and clean. The women who checked me in was so kind and professional.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, pick a king with the wonderful walk in shower!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thanks so much! Hope to have you here again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The elevator was broken. The one elevator that was working was constantly FULL of people, and we were on the fifth floor so it was 25 minutes just to get down.
The ice machine was broken.
No bath tub in shower.
Paid 130 dollars for pubic hair in the bathroom sink.
Pool was over crowded.

• Stayed: March 2013
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I am truly sorry for the rare poor experience you had here. Please give us another opportunity to serve you. A tip for your next stay: our rooms with two beds have bathtubs--we also have suites with whirlpool tubs!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I needed to stay in the area numerous times over several weeks. The hotel manager and staff were extremely helpful in making numerous reservations for me at the same time. They also allowed me to add a day or delete a day as my work needs were adjusted over the weeks. The friendliness of the staff was the highlight of my stay and that is saying something as the hotel met every one of my needs each time I checked in. I used the restaurant, excercise room, pool area, and my free pass to LA Fitness (free to all hotel guests) regularly and found all facilities to be clean at all times.The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. The Holiday Inn in Tinley Park IL was truely a home away from home for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thanks so much for choosing us to be your "home away from home"! A good service experience is important, but consistently excellent service is what we really try to deliver. I'm so happy that we did!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Corporate travel group makes us use this hotel, but was pleased with the quality of the rooms and how quiet they were considering how packed the parking lot always seems to be. Choose a room facing the back to avoid getting the highway noise. They seem to book Club members and business travelers on 3rd floor to limit noise. Nice touch.
Food in the restaurant was pretty bland. Smallest portion for main course salmon I have ever seen. Always was missing cutlery and napkins for everyone at booth. Little details, but important when you are tired and just want to relax.

Room Tip: Room 310 has no adjoining room on one side so super quiet. Ask for room facing back away from highw...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the great review--since a good night's sleep is so important, I'm glad we succeeded! Thanks, too, for acknowledging that we take good care of our Priority Club members!

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Not exactly your vacation hot spot; but if business brings you to this southern suburb of Chicago, the Holiday Inn is a good choice. The rooms are clean and the staff friendly. Location adjacent to the Convention Center is very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your positive review! So glad you enjoyed your stay.