“SLOWWWWW STAFF.... This is ridiculous how this hotel stays open”

Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My last stay here, Aug. 2011, was not a very good one......
TODAY.... May 2013 is not the greatest experience either.
As a traveler....who frequents Holiday Inns... three to five times a week... I have to say, this hotel is ridiculous.
We have several staff members who check in... at all hotels... usually at same time... with NO ISSUES.
This hotel... is so "TECHNICALLY CHALLENGED" its really pathetic. They almost act like you're going to "steal" a room or something... They are friendly, but it's not a genuine friendliness... it's FAKE... DISTANT... REHEARSED.
Loud Hallways... loud door slams throughout the day.
If you order extra soap. or some other items... plan on a WAIT... I had to go find a housekeeping lady to get some shampoo... I called front desk... NEVER SHOWED UP... thirty minutes later... I went and found a housekeeper who gave me some.
For a HOLIDAY INN>>>>> It NEEDS AN OVERHAUL.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chrome1007
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I'm very sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the best hotel around for the $$. Stayed for business and the staff are the best. From the front desk to housekeeping, friendliness is abundant. The hotel is very well kept and clean. The women who checked me in was so kind and professional.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, pick a king with the wonderful walk in shower!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thanks so much! Hope to have you here again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The elevator was broken. The one elevator that was working was constantly FULL of people, and we were on the fifth floor so it was 25 minutes just to get down.
The ice machine was broken.
No bath tub in shower.
Paid 130 dollars for pubic hair in the bathroom sink.
Pool was over crowded.

• Stayed: March 2013
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I am truly sorry for the rare poor experience you had here. Please give us another opportunity to serve you. A tip for your next stay: our rooms with two beds have bathtubs--we also have suites with whirlpool tubs!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I needed to stay in the area numerous times over several weeks. The hotel manager and staff were extremely helpful in making numerous reservations for me at the same time. They also allowed me to add a day or delete a day as my work needs were adjusted over the weeks. The friendliness of the staff was the highlight of my stay and that is saying something as the hotel met every one of my needs each time I checked in. I used the restaurant, excercise room, pool area, and my free pass to LA Fitness (free to all hotel guests) regularly and found all facilities to be clean at all times.The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. The Holiday Inn in Tinley Park IL was truely a home away from home for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thanks so much for choosing us to be your "home away from home"! A good service experience is important, but consistently excellent service is what we really try to deliver. I'm so happy that we did!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Corporate travel group makes us use this hotel, but was pleased with the quality of the rooms and how quiet they were considering how packed the parking lot always seems to be. Choose a room facing the back to avoid getting the highway noise. They seem to book Club members and business travelers on 3rd floor to limit noise. Nice touch.
Food in the restaurant was pretty bland. Smallest portion for main course salmon I have ever seen. Always was missing cutlery and napkins for everyone at booth. Little details, but important when you are tired and just want to relax.

Room Tip: Room 310 has no adjoining room on one side so super quiet. Ask for room facing back away from highw...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the great review--since a good night's sleep is so important, I'm glad we succeeded! Thanks, too, for acknowledging that we take good care of our Priority Club members!

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Not exactly your vacation hot spot; but if business brings you to this southern suburb of Chicago, the Holiday Inn is a good choice. The rooms are clean and the staff friendly. Location adjacent to the Convention Center is very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your positive review! So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here as a family of four (with 2 children: ages 4 and 5) for three nights. We ended up in a room with one king bed, so we brough along travel cots for the kids (which was fine). Rooms are clean and the beds/bedding are new and very comfortable. There was a mini fridge and microwave, desk/chair, extra chair w/ottoman and a large flat screen TV. I wish the room would've had a small table and 2 chairs versus the upholstered chair w/ottoman (for people who eat in the room) but oh well, we ate on the floor. There was also a bunch of spackle/plaster spots on the walls that really should be fixed.
The biggest thing we were really disappointed in was the restaurant: Banana's Grille (or something close). The service was incredibly incredibly slow and often inaccurate every single visit. We ate there a total of five times: 2 dinners and 3 breakfasts. Once we waited by the "please wait to be seated" sign for 13 minutes before anyone even looked at us, and after we were seated our beverages were never faster than 10 minutes. Plan on at least 30 minutes for even a kids grilled cheese on a Tuesday night. For breakfasts, I recommend the buffet: $10/adult and $6/child.
I was actually really shocked that this scale of hotel, plus being catered to business people, that the breakfast wasn't complimentary. This added a total of $96 to our weekend for us to have breakfast 3x, and to be honest- I wouldn't stay here again just for that fact alone. There are plenty of options with free breakfast to save that money.... plus add in that every meal was a 2.5hour ordeal because of slow service and it's just exhausting. A refill should never take 10 minutes. Our children fell asleep on our laps in a booth one night because we waited so so long for our bill. That says alot :(
The pool was nice- nothing special like a slide or kids area but that's to be expected at a convention center. The water was a decent temperature. I didn't use the fitness center (they had one eliptical, one treadmill, and not sure what else but it was small).
Overall, a nice quality hotel- but the restaurant really brings down the experience. Fix that situation and this would be a winner for me.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with adequate beds and a tub. (Some rooms are shower only).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your honest review. I appreciate your comments regarding the comfort of the bed and the cleanliness of your room. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to utilize our newly resurfaced pool as well. I'm very sorry that we fell short of your expectations in the restaurant. I have forwarded your concerns regarding service to our restaurant manager and Director of Operations. As a full-service hotel, we do not include breakfast with your stay unless a breakfast rate is booked (which is always available). Children under the age of 12 eat free when ordering off of the children's menu with a qualified rate. Please give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future--you may contact me directly to make your reservation. We'd love the chance for a do-over!

Guest Service Manager!