“Really great staff”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Michigan
“Really great staff”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Most people know what to expect with a Holiday Inn and that's usually why they choose them. Reasonable rates and moderate accomodations. I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Tinley Park Convention Center and really had a great, and too short weekend. I am a travel agent so I get to see multiple hotels/resorts all year long. This is one of the better Holiday Inns. Laurie, the guest services manager was very prompt and friendly while we communicated via email and even held a reservation for me until I could get back to her with my true plans. Jessica, front desk, is a super great impression at check in; very professional, friendly and accomodating. All staff at the front desk were! The lounge staff always concerned about my happiness. I never thought to look into what kind of convention might be taking place during my stay but what a fun and totally unique experience to find a Reptile Convention in-house. We had a blast and my friend even ended up with two little Geckos.

You can expect the pool area to be crowded after dinner with a convention of any great size in attendance. We enjoyed the sauna and I noticed a nice patio area off the pool which will be great during the summer months.

I have a soft side for "off the beaten path" individuals but perhaps someone a little less tolerant might not have cared for the party crowd outside after the show. It was also St Patty's weekend and unusually warm so the whole area seemed to be in party mode. Better for me! Laughed a lot.

My room was very clean and bed super comfortable with a pillow selection and good coffee. Thanks so much for the fun, friendly and comfortable weekend! Hhhhmmm. Lots of good music shows coming up at the Amphitheater nearby....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thanks so much, Lynn! I've posted your great review for all staff to see and communicated it with other managers. We all appreciate the great feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This hotel will not wow you with expensive artwork or beautiful architecture, but it is a good basic hotel with everything you need to spend a good night or two's sleep. The rooms are average to large in size. The staff is friendly and efficient as is the restaurant staff. If you are a priority club member (and there's no reason not to be), you'll get a perq or two. Breakfast is hearty and the menu is large if you choose not to have the buffet. If you're lucky, Rosie will have a good joke for you as she shows you to your table.

This Holiday Inn is a little less than an hour south of O'Hare, and is attached to the Tinley Park Convention Centre. However, it is a little way out of Chicago, so you want to have your own transportation - it is not an urban setting. Internet access can be complimentary (join the Priority Club on the spot if you haven't already). There is a small business centre - I usually use it just to print my boarding pass. I've been told there is a fitness centre, not that you would find me in one voluntarily.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thanks for the review! We always love hearing from our guests--and you're such an advocate for Priority Club! If you ever become a spokesperson for working out, we also offer a complimentary membership to LA Fitness during your stay. I will pass on to Rosie that her unique brand of hospitality won over yet another guest!
Arad
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Generally good impresion.
I liked the big room, very confortable bed, all that you need for more than 2 weekd stay. I liked the pool, exepting in the weekends when is very crowded with kids. Also you can hear the noise thru the door-i suppose that the door was not sealed well.
I did't like the breakfast they serve. You pay suplimentary for the breakfast, so it's have no sense to eat there.

Room Tip: too much sun light in the morning, as i can not close the windows courtains. Maybe i was dumb..:).
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bogdan V
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. A couple of things I'd like to address: we do have rates that include breakfast for a small upcharge, but as a full-service property, you are correct, breakfast is not included with our standard rate. I have forwarded your quality concerns to our restaurant manager. Also, located behind the sheers in every room are blackout drapes which can be drawn to keep out the morning sun. Finally, during the winter months there are many families who choose to do a "staycation" and use the pool on the weekends--this is not always the case, but all registered guests are welcome to use the pool. We appreciate you staying with us, and look forward to serving you on another stay in Tinley Park!
New York
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Let’s just say Tinley Park is not a go-to community. The hotel choices do, in fact, reflect said dearth of excitement. But… if you’re going to this center of dull, you might as well stay here. It embodies the spirit of the dull and lifeless strip mall landscape that surrounds it.

The good: The Holiday Inn is very clean. The Holiday Inn has a restaurant and bar (no point in mentioning the quality). The Holiday Inn has a lovely lobby. The Holiday Inn has plenty of free parking. The Holiday Inn is next to a convention center. Whee. The Holiday Inn has nice people working the desk. The Holiday Inn has a nice view of the highway(s).

Would I return? If I was stuck in another Tinley Park snow storm, absolutely and comfortably. I would just look forward to my departure.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel is on an intersection 140dollars away from the airport in an airport taxi,The nearest shop is a 10dollar taxi ride away so if you forget anything it's a complete pain, so it's pretty isolated. The pan faced reception borgs are preprogrammed with standard responses and have little if no personality. The attached restaurant serves giant portions of what can only be described as comfort food, which you will need because of the depressed state the colour scheme of the room leaves you in. The gym equipment is tired and during my stay the bike remained broken. Just pretty poor really and not all what I expected from uncle Sam.

• Stayed February 2012
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with us. We actually get very high scores about the friendliness of our front desk staff, so your review surprised me greatly! If you do give us an opportunity in the future, I highly recommend that you take a flat rate cab from the airport--it should cost no more than $60 from O'Hare. By calling the hotel directly, we can even arrange a recommended service for you. Also, we do stock a lot of "Forgot Something" items--perhaps we had what you needed right on property. Please give us another chance to "wow" you in the future!

Travelers are raving about these Tinley Park hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 19, 2012

What a great way to start the new year off. A Hotel Jacuzzi room for two wonderful days.

Room Tip: At the end of the hall. Away from the elevator is a good tip.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed at this hotel during a business trip. Hotel is nice, with a bar and a restaurant. Restaurant was a good draw since my wife was traveling with me. Problem is it closes at 9:00pm and the desk person had not much of a clue as to what was open late in the area. She sent us to a bar that was ok, but we drove by several other places that looked better. Elevator was a problem since one of the two was broken down. Oh well, I was told to try the Wingate nearby. Will do next time. Overall though, this place is still pretty good.

• Stayed December 2011