“Nice facility, good customer service”

Sleep Inn Tinley Park
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I were finishing up a family vacation in Indiana and we decided to travel on to Chicago for the weekend. My uncle was a member of their rewards program, so he booked us into this hotel. Upon check-in, we ran into a problem with the credit card, but management was very good about helping us fix that. Breakfast the next morning was basic, but adequate. Cereal, milk, coffee, DIY pancakes, about what you'd expect from this type of hotel. Our room was clean, the air conditioner was cold, the TV offered a basic package, which was fine. The shower was nice, the bathroom was clean. My only, extremely minor, complaint is that the fan in the bathroom was connected to light, so it was a little frigid when I stepped out of the shower, but they may have been due to my boyfriend's love of air conditioning. One of my favorite things about this hotel, was the number of outlets that were near the bed, which was very convenient for charging our phones/iPods, and allowed us to charge our laptops while we were using them on the bed. Overall, this was a nice hotel, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meagan O
Kevin P, Manager at Sleep Inn Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and business. Please keep us in mind for any future trips.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Don't even have swimming pool,price is hight,and if you need help employees don't know anything.very bad service I travel a lot,but I will not stay in this hotel anymore. And I don't recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Dannyboy2109

Our management team reviewed you comment with our staff members and we made a promise to not let this happen again. Please accept our apology. And please allow us a future opportunity to earn your business back.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We checked in and the staff was pretty nice. Our room was small, but clean and had all amenities. It is updated, however the air conditioning unit in our room did not get very cool. The beds were comfortable. There is only two ice machines, one on the fourth floor and one on the first, so be aware you nay have to go to another to get ice. The breakfast was large and tasted good. We were charged for two nights and only stayed one, but it was not the hotels fault, it was choice hotels. The front desk was a little rude when we called to ask them about it. Overall though, it was a good experience!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank kmere05
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Other reviews mentioned recent updates in the rooms, and these were nice and well done. Breakfast was slightly above average compared to others provided by comparable hotel chains. The negative was the front desk attendant at check in on June 24. I had made a reservation directly with the hotel, and I made note of the confirmation number and the individual with whom I spoke. He offered a king at a nice price, given the high costs in suburban Chicago. When we arrived, the attendant offered us a queen room. I asked about the king, and she informed me that I was in error because their system does not allow king sized beds at the price quoted. I persisted, and she said she would call her manager. Before doing that, she offered a room with a king sized bed. Upon looking at the room, it was directly across from the elevator, which was not acceptable. We "settled" for queen, but we felt the original offer should have been honored. The room we had was fine, and we will probably stay there again, but I think I will ask for the confirmation in writing, and we hope we don't see this particular front desk attendant again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel was clean, the room was great, breakfast was sufficient. BUT..... Be forewarned there is a $75.00 deposit if you book with a third party website. That was due at sign-in, this is posted on the Sleep Inn Tinley park website but not on the hotels.com website. Could be an inconvenience if you didn't know about it. They will cancel your reservation if you don't agree to pay it.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay a deposit of $75.00 when you book through a 3rd party. This information is on th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family stayed here for 6 days and 5 nights:) The rooms were clean and customer service was excellent! I ran into a situation with my laptop and Robin the manager helped me out quickly:) I would recommend this hotel to many travelers:). The breakfast was awesome as well:) keep up the good work:))))))

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I usually stay at this hotel when Im in the area so I've really gotten a feel for the place. The staff is always friendly and because I stay so often they never give me a hard time, they are very accomidating! The rooms are clean and updated, I REALLY dont like outdated hotel rooms. These rooms have what you need to make you feel right at home; comfy beds, flat screen tv, (great desk chairs), frig./microwave, hair dryer, large shower, etc. This is my favorite hotel when in the Tinley/Orland Park area! Oh and its right off the expressway so its really convenient too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo