All reviews train line cycle path nice site toilet and shower facilities north wales laundry room shower block washing machine on arrival chip shop colwyn bay min walk great facilities within easy reach be visiting again touring park short break
Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

This was our second visit to this site... It is probably one of the best kept sites we have stayed on. Absolutely no problem with the previous review concerning travellers so that must have been taken care of. The toilets and showers were fantastic the cleanest place we have ever come across. Great staff. We did however find it problematic getting to the beach as they have taken away the access from the site, which is a shame as that’s a key element to us staying there.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

The caravan site is lovely & the staff are very friendly/helpful unfortunately at the moment they have a problem with a local traveller site using the showers/toilets to the point my wife & daughter are frightened to use the facilities after dark. It would help if there was a card or code system on the amenity block doors or a barrier system on the entrance to the site but at the moment anybody can drive onto the site and use the facilities.

We have always enjoyed staying here but won’t be returning unless the situation is resolved.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
BYW22, Manager at Bron-Y-Wendon Touring Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Thank you for your visit and review, it's great you enjoy staying with us and our team.
Firstly may I start by saying that we don't have "a problem with a local travellers site" or in fact, have a local travellers site. However we have recently had some in the area. As far as we are aware we have actually, only had 1 incident of these travellers using our facilities, which was this weekend. That is not to say we don't take this very seriously.
When they came in, our on site wardens did confront them and explained that we are only open to our customers and that they are on CCTV wherever they are on site.
Due to the incident this weekend, we had, already arranged for all of the shower units to have key coded locks installed, as a precaution. These have been installed and will be in operation every night after the reception is closed from this evening.
We do have a barrier before you enter the main part of the site and will be looking at how we could improve this in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

First time at this venue and over all very impressed toilets and showers very clean and well kept as are the grounds noise front the road and railway is very marginal and didn't bother us one bit staff were very friendly and helpful as was the site cat Bela lol will be returning again for shure

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

2nd visit to this touring park and yet again not disappointed lovely welcome at reception pitches and grounds immaculate, depending on your living area determines the pitch is allocated so you can sit and lookout to sea , there’s no club onsite or shop but that’s no loss as plenty within easy reach I can highly recommend this touring park .

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

After driving through rain and traffic for three hours to get there, I rang the campsite to let them know I’d be 10 minutes late. I called them again to say actually that 10 minutes would now be 5 minutes. Liz on the other end of the phone told me she was going home and I’d have to park my van outside. I asked her to wait the 5 minutes, I was on my own and tired. She refused! So much for the warm welcome advertised on the website. Never again!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
BYW22, Front Office Manager at Bron-Y-Wendon Touring Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

We are sorry you feel this way about your stay with us, it would never have been our intention to make you feel this way. Most of our customers praise our staff and return because of this reason.

During the summer months reception is open from 9 am - 7 pm. Arrival time is from 2 pm. For any customers arriving after 7 pm we have late arrival bays which have electric and are close to the amenities and disposable points. Many sites do not offer this facility, we feel having this in place is beneficial to our customers.

We hope that you will change your mind and return to our site, and we will welcome you back when you you do.