“Amazing food”
Review of Dinton Hermit

Dinton Hermit
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ford
Dinton Hermit
Ranked #1 of 1 Ford B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Dinton Hermit on Saturday 3rd November after purchasing a voucher. We had a few drinks in front of a roaring open fire and a three course meal that was faultless. Stayed in the four poster suite which was beautiful (although a little creaky!?). Breakfast choice was superb. Staff were great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed recently after a driving event at Silverstone, which is about 40 mins north of this hotel. What a lovely place, the staff cannot have been more welcoming. The hair-dryer was missing from our room, but this was quickly rectified. We had drinks in front of a log fire and then onto a wonderful evening meal. The food was superb!! Good choice of breakfast, would definitely return.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Loved this hotel!

Stayed here on saturday night and had an evening meal and breakfast as part of a KGB deal. We had no problem booking the hotel, booked about 4 weeks in advance the man on the phone was very helpful, I believe he may have been the manager. We stayed in a barn room, which was very cozy and modernly decorated. The main bar and restaurant is a lovely setting with an open fire and arm chairs, although a little small so after dinner we returned to our room as there were no seats by the fireplace.

Food was gorgeous, we had a set menu which still had lots of great choice. We both started with the smoked salmon, and for mains i had a delicious double lamb chop with home made chips and salad and my boyfriend had the fish which i think was sea bass. Pudding was a warm lemon tart, which again was delicious.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

There was a great choice of made to order breakfasts, we both opted for the eggs benedict which was one of the best i've had, eggs cooked to perfection.

The hotel is located half an hour from Oxford, bicester or Aylesbury so lots of places to visit.
I would love to return to this hotel and feel the deal we purchased was excellent value and I would recommend to anyone considering booking a country retreat.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I would just like to agree completely with the review from 30 sep. There is nothing else to say as it has already been said. Room, meal, breakfast and staff all fantastic, especially david and gemma. Our stay could not have been any better I would recommend this płace to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Dinton Hermit for 1 night, on arrival the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room which we stayed in was very clean and welcoming, with good facilities, The restaurant food was excellent with a good range of selection. Fantastic cooked breakfast menu, the cold breakfast bar choice was also plentiful.
We are hoping to book again for December.. Many Thanks.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here for a 2 night break which included B&B and dinner on the first night. The hotel is charming and full of character. We were made to feel very welcome and every one of the staff we met were friendly and pleasant. The meal on the first night was excellent and as a result we also ate in in the hotel on our second night. Both meals were first class. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed here with my husband, on a one night deal that included breakfast and dinner. The hotel is a little away from anywhere but having a car this was not a problem, but I would not like too travel there without one. However, as we live in a busy town it was really lovely to have peace and quiet, with not much more than the cows for company. All the staff was really friendly and made us very welcome. We stayed in room five which had a lot of character and the room was surprisingly large for the building. The only down side was that the bed creaked so that when one of us moved it disturbed the other, but it was very comftable.The on-suite was very good which looked like it had been recently modernised, there was plenty of hot water that was immediate, and I really loved the shower which was one of the best I have had.

On to the food, we had a two course dinner which was really good. My husband had lamb chops and has sworn in the past that he would not eat meat that was rare or even slightly rare; however, the chops were as this is how they should be cooked and he loved them!! I had sea bass for my dinner which was lovely, the only down side was that the potatoes had too much pepper in them. For breakfast my husband had a full english which he really enjoyed as everything was cooked fresh and had locally sourced ingredients. I had poached eggs, as I usually do when we go away, and I have to say they were the best cooked and tastiest poached eggs, I have ever had. All in all we had a lovely stay here and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dinton Hermit? Share your experiences!