“Lovely food but pricey”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating
oneinamillion12
“Lovely food but pricey”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As we were passing through we stopped in for lunch, the menu looked lovely and we both had a light lunch but it was very pricey we oats just under £20 for 2 drinks and 2 sandwiches. The services was quick but we were the only two people in at the time, the food was lovely and as a treat was nice, would recommend as a one off.

• Visited July 2013

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Good food shame about the price”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I went here recently. Had a beef sandwich which came with chips. Well, about 5 chips. It was very tasty but 7 quid for a sandwich?

• Visited June 2013
London
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Four of us dined here on Bank Holiday Monday. The restaurant was half full, but the staff seemed a little overwhelmed. We were seated in a rather cramped table for four. Drink orders were taken promptly, although our waiter seemed a little vague on the available beers. Most disappointingly, the menu is significantly different from what's online. While mains of sausages and mash with onion gravy were adequate, the burger was a little 'solid' and a Tuna Nicoise salad was no more than a green salad with a rather wet tin of tuna dumped on top, and a few olives. We last ate hear 2 years ago, and based on this visit, we may give it another two before returning,

1 Thank Amuia
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Nice meal in a nice place”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went here recently as I had heard that it was very good. Service was really friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. The food was good and priced well for what it was. It was better than most places around Aylesbury and I would certainly go back.

• Visited May 2013
“Wonderful and marvellous and everything in between!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

What utter rubbish that terrible review before mine is!

I came here for a quiet lunch with my mother and we were blown away!
To start with we were greeted and then looked after exceedingly well by the young chap behind the bar, who I can't remember for the life of me his name but deserved a mention.

The menu was excellent and after a short wait, understandably because it was a brand new menu, the food was to die for. We had the soup of the day with delicious bread on the side and also a Salmon Caesar salad which was marvellous.

After a couple of Lemon Tarts and some coffee we sadly had to drag ourselves away for this beautiful building. The history of the building is very interesting and the general appearance and aura is just incredible.

So I would like to thank everybody who turned our quiet lunch into something amazing. Especially the wonderful young chap behind the bar and of course the chefs. Should I remember your name I will surely mention you!