“Horrible”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sycamore
illinois
“Horrible”
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I would not advise anyone to stay here. I checked in at 5:15 and was checked out by 6:00. When I got into my suite everything seemed fine until I pulled the blankets back from the bed. I found multiple holes and stains through the blankets and sheet. I lifted up the pillows and there were used pillow cases under the pilllows with hair all over them. I noticed dark spots under the fitted sheet so I pulled that off. The dark spots under there were blood stains all over the matress cover. When the girl from the front desk came to my room she did not seem suprised at all. She acted as if my complaint was an everyday complaint. If you still decide to book a room at this hotel best of luck.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank cmvandyke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed December 28, 2005

My husband's company Christmas party was over an hour away from our home. So, we booked this hotel on line so we didn't have to drive home that night. Since we were only going to basically check in and crash, we didn't invest our usual $100 plus on another hotel in the area. We didn't expect much and even laughed with our friends that nite, "for $59, hope there is a bed in the room". Well, we were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean and nice lobby. There was a very friendly woman at the desk who checked us in. It was 1 a.m. ----The lobby and foyer of the hotel were very nicely decorated for Christmas. Every hallway and elevator were also very clean. Our room was small but very clean. We are also used to suites so we may not be the best judge. Nice size bed and it was comfortable (no backache the next day). Room had a nice and quiet heating and cooling system. Also had a nice size window with a window seat (very cute) Very clean bathroom. Quality TV, several channels.
My husband called for pizza delivery at 1:30. He had not trouble finding pop / soda and ice to go with in hotel. Pizza was good! College town, had to be, right? We had a nice breakfast the next morning at the complimentary breafast bar and talked with others who also seemed happy with their stay. They had coffee, cereal, oj, donuts and fruit. Maybe more, we didn't look. Easy check out.
All for about 60 bucks.

If we're in Dekalb or Sycamore for an overnight stay again, we won't even call the higher priced hotels, we'll go back to this one.

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank wesleysmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sycamore
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore
Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
Super 8 DeKalb IL
Super 8 DeKalb IL
#3 of 5 in DeKalb
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Rochelle

Been to Motel 6 Sycamore? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Sycamore

Property: Motel 6 Sycamore
Address: 1860 Dekalb Ave, Sycamore, IL 60178-3106 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Sycamore/Dekalb)
Location: United States > Illinois > Sycamore
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sycamore
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Sycamore 2*
Motel 6 Sycamore IL is conveniently located off of SR-23 Dekalb Ave and within 4 miles of Northwestern University. Restaurants are nearby. Reserve our conference room. All guest modern rooms include a mini-fridge, and Wi-Fi is available for a small fee. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Motel-6, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Motel 6 Sycamore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Sycamore Hotel Sycamore