“Not the greatest”

Quality Inn Sycamore
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sycamore
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Used this hotel because the other 2 in town on my corporate program were booked.

Positives:
Friendly staff
Nice pool/spa area
Nice breakfast area/ front desk area
refrigerator/microwave in room

Negatives
Very dated rooms and fixtures
Poor A/C system
No window shade only option on 1st floor is to have curtains closed or open for the world to see
Lots of light at night from window. Outdoor lamps on building give orange glow in room
No outlets available to plug in a laptop at desk with out unplugging desk lamp

I wish the hotel spent as much money on its rooms as it did the front of house. While no means the worst hotel I have stayed at it, this ranks lower on the list. I was very surprised to see
smoking rooms and you even though there is non smoking rooms the hallways reek of it. It is very much a construction/ contractor hotel not really designed for the average business traveler expecting to set up a laptop and work, heck I had a hard time finding a unused outlet to plug in my phone. Rooms are not dirty per say but well used and fading. If you need a quick overnight stop its okay but for a longer length of stays I would find a different hotel. If i wasnt getting a corp rate for it I would say it is very expensive for what a customer gets.

Remodel and getting rid of smoking rooms would make this hotel 3.5 stars easy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Where shall I start?!

The room was trashy, disgusting and unsafe. No locks on the door, bare wires showing on the wall, lights busted out in the bathroom, unfinished trim and the smoke detector is covered with plastic.

This place I purely a no-tell motel

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I wasn't expecting too much before we checked in around 10 p.m., but was greeted by a desk clerk who was friendly, smiling and knowledgeable. Our non-smoking room was neat and had everything we needed (except for extra towels for the extra person, which we got without delay). I noticed a faint odor (not sure if it was residual cigarette odor or stale air), but it wasn't bothersome. The shower had a non-slip floor and the shower was relaxing. It was quiet in the halls and even the heater/AC register was quiet. If anything hindered my sleep, it was a headache I had when I arrived and lasted throughout the night. My daughters slept soundly. The owners are friendly and take pride in their establishment. Even the continental breakfast offered many satisfying choices. Would recommend this motel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Walked in and immediately smelled cigarette smoke. Rooms are nasty. Shower plumbing moves in wall. Grab bar for safety: pulled out of wall and loose. Door lock. One broken but replaced. Window lock ? Ugh. As a woman I felt flat unsafe. Worn out place. Plumbing clean out covers line the hallway. Yay!! Avoid.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This property was mediocre at best. It is hard to get to due to traffic laws and making u turns. It was icy and the parking lot was hard to move about. The rooms were clean but very noisy you could hear others with ease. The breakfast left a lot to be desired as the waffle batter was not mixed properly and the eggs were not appealing. The pool and hot tub were excellent and made the weather more tolerable. The value made this property a less favorable stay. Choice Hotels needs to work with this property owner to make improvements and make the staff more pleasant as it is not ran as most Choice hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Not sure why other people were not happy staying here. Perhaps they are spoiled by fancy dancy hotels. But if you are on a tight budget and need a place to stay for a short period of time I would recommend this hotel. The front staff were very nice and helpful. My room was nice, clean and the temperature was perfect when I arrived. The bed was nice and comfortable was better then some hotels that I have stayed in. I wssnt able to take advantage of the breakfast because I ws going before they served it so I cannot comment on that. The price is very good for the traveler on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sheryl S
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The only reason I have stayed here is because it is part of the Choice Hotels chain. I won't be staying again. They have BED BUGS!!! I suspected after the last time I was here because I came home with some bites but I decided to give it another chance and I checked my room over and couldnt find any evidence of bed bugs. I woke up at 12:30 AM last night and felt a bug crawling on me. I quick turned the light on and grabbed the bug. I went online and cross referenced the bug I had with pictures of bed bugs online and it matched perfect with an adult bed bug. Luckily I took precautions when I checked in and none of my luggage or clothes touched the floor. They went straight to the desk. Of course the front desk clerk was surprised by the evidence I gave her but she sure let me check out with no hassle or charges

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Casey U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sycamore
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore
Motel 6 Sycamore
Motel 6 Sycamore
#4 of 4 in Sycamore
Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
5 mi away
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Super 8 DeKalb IL
Super 8 DeKalb IL
#2 of 5 in DeKalb

Been to Quality Inn Sycamore? Share your experiences!