“Fantasitic.....a real credit to Bron & Julian”
Review of TARA Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Enmore
TARA Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Enmore B&B and Inns
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Fantasitic.....a real credit to Bron & Julian”
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Well, we've read reviews about aircraft noise and bathroom facilities and all we have to say is tosh!!!

As TARA's owners state in their website, this is a work in progress. The Tara Guest
House is a most unique and welcoming place to stay. Both Bron & Julian make you feel like family and thier breakfast is to die for! As Julian so rightly put it "Breakfast is 50% of our job description". It's a shame so many other hotels and guest houses across the world don't take this statement on board. The hosts even pick-up and drop-off at the station or airport making connection as easy as possible.

TARA is situated just 25min from Sydney on the bus, close to the Enmore Theatre and a stones throw from a comprehensive range of eateries. You will not go hungry in this district, especially if you've had the TARA breakfast of fresh fruit, yoghurt, pankakes, Full English, croisants (and even Dim Sim one morning)!

Ignore the 'Average' review made about this place and stay here. Yes, it's on the flight path but hey, isn't every hotel in Sydney and it's surrounds?

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NeilRosieMc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
girlwithyellowhair
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I stayed in Sydney for a month and was therefore looking for a place to stay where I feel comfortable and like "home". Reading all the reviews at trip-advisor and seeing the website, I choose TARA as the place to stay, not knowing at that time how lucky I was! Being a month with Brom&Julian and Ollie at TARA made my stay to an unforgettable one. I was part of TARA, a part of family, sharing with Julian&Brom all the exciting experiences with welcoming new guests, having an interesting, funny conversation at the breakfast table, saying goodbye and waiting for new guests to arrive!
What I really appreciated was how much they both care for one's well-being - there is a special breakfast version for Indian guests with Idli, a special breakfast for vegans, HP-sauce is always ready to be served to guests from Britain and no matter at what time ones arrives - Julian is always there to pick you up and bring you to the airport.
The house spreads such a wonderful, special atmosphere and this is due to the warmhearted owners and their sense and exquisite taste for style, creativity and art!
All the rooms and the garden are full of nice accessories - there is always something new to discover.
During this time, TARA got my second home, where I could share my joy as well as sorrow - a place where I know I will return some day!
I came back to Austria full of nice memories AND as a proud owner of a TARA-Certificate in English language and elocution - after one month's successful conversation course (not only at the breakfast table:-)!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank girlwithyellowhair
North Coast
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Fantastic place to stay, wonderful hosts, best ever breakfast and just so close to the Enmore Theatre. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I stayed at the Tara Guest House at the start and end of my trip to Australia. When I returned to Tara at the end of my trip, I felt like I was returning to family. Julian and Brom are gracious and charming hosts who go out of their way to ensure a lovely stay at Tara, as well as Sydney. And they blow away any other B&B I've ever known with their breakfast. I just wish I would've taken a picture of the table overloaded with delicacies for breakfast--from eggs, sausages, and bacon to fresh fruit to cereals and yogurt to freshly baked bread to crepes and syrup to dumplings and other dishes. They start your visit with an orientation to the city and are happy to provide other helpful information whenever you need it. And the free pick up from (and drop off to) the airport was a godsend after a 14+ hour flight. Light sleepers might need ear plugs, but that would be the case in any Sydney lodging. I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We were at TARA for 3 nights last week. We selected it because it had some stunning reviews but felt we wished we had known a few things that weren't mentioned.
For the great parts:
The hosts provided airport pick up and drop off which was a huge help and savings.
The location off the busline was great for signtseeing.
Breakfasts each morning were beautiful- with lattes and cappucinos provided and were clearly made with care.
The price was decent- I'm sure places in Sydney are expensive to pay a mortgage on.
For the not so great parts:
Our bathroom was shared with 2 other couples- 6 people for one bathroom made for waiting, a mess of individual bars of soap and aside from a trash pull we didn't notice that it was cleaned during our stay. In Tara's defense, another bathroom is being built on the 2nd floor - our room had the paint smell to prove it. In those 3 days our room was not serviced either and had no trash basket.
We needed a curtain- we could regularly make eye contact with the girl in the apt across the way.
We are perhaps to conservative for the decor that was in our room. One room had a lovely telescope, another a japanese flower theme but ours was decorated in select parts of the male and female anatomy. We were on a belated honeymoon but that wasn't our idea of honeymoon decor!
In sum, Tara is in a great location, the hosts make a great breakfast and provide a great service in the airport transfer but we are not sure we would have stayed had we known about the bathroom and room decor.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Terp99
Boston
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We are very glad we stayed at TARA Guesthouse while visiting Sydney. The rooms were cool with neat furniture and design. Sharing the bathroom worked out much better than I had expected and the bathroom itself was gorgeous.

The breakfasts in the morning were gourmet and big enough that we only needed a light lunch. Julian and Brom's helpfulness in getting around and suggesting things to do and see in Sydney was invaluable. Pickup and dropoff at the airport made getting off 20 hours of airplane much easier.

The area of Newtown was funky with lots of small restaurants and boutiques and getting to downtown via the bus was a snap.

I highly recommend this place and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Beautiful house which is currently undergoing renovations. I shared an upstairs light, sunny room with my grown-up daughter. Sharing a bathroom with fellow guests not ideal but Brom explained there will soon be bathrooms for each room. The location was fine as buses to the city just around the corner. Unfortunately 'Tara' is directly under a flight path - Brom explained this is a temporary thing. All-in-all a good stay, delicious breakfast and delightful hosts.

• Stayed March 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enmore
Newtown
The Urban Newtown
The Urban Newtown
#1 of 1 in Newtown
Central Business District
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
Ovolo Woolloomooloo
#1 of 178 in Sydney

Been to TARA Guest House? Share your experiences!