“Best Lithuanian food in Chicago area!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Dukes Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European, European
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Lithuanian food in Chicago area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Well, in a restaurant... Only homemade at someone's home could be better. ;)

Great menu, great food, large portions, great service. If you can take left-overs to your hotel, do so. Yo ucan try more food that way. And you'll enjoy the left-overs another time!

My favorite is the kugelis. Not as good as my Grandma's recipe, but dang close!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank TonyM_WorldTraveler

• Polish first
Springfield, Virginia
“Great Traditional Lithuanian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a Chicagoan of Lithuanian heritage. Not only traditional Lithuanian food and beer but traditional American dishes for those not inclined to eat ethnic. Located right on a busy city street, so ambiance is all inside. I had the Lithuanian combo plate...the kugelis was wonderful...just like Grandpa used to make! The Zepplin was excellent, as was the sausage. Saurkraut was too salty for me and the potato sausage was good but with all the other potatoes on the plate, I chose not to eat it. Had light ale and the waiter brought me a couple of samples of different beers for me to select one. Arrive about 5PM on a Friday, and the restaurant was filling up quickly at 6PM. Visited the deli - again all traditional Lithuanian foods, beers, vodkas and fresh breads, meats and salads.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank BackyardBirder
indiana
“great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

we had a groupon for Grand Duke's, so figured we'd try it out last Friday...almost too many choices on the menu...my girlfriend and I each started with a Lithuanian beer, very refreshing...for an appetizer we shared the potato pancakes, 3 good-sized cakes, came with sour cream and applesauce...tasty...for dinner, she went with the AYCE cod, I went more ethnic with the Chicken Dish 'Vilnius'...neither of us were disappointed, portions large enough to take some home..no room for dessert, maybe next time...we both loved the dark wood interior and the cool décor..pretty sure we'll be back, with or without the groupon..

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank nwindyjz
“Re-heated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

The decor was of Medieval Times, the choice of soups was great. Their "Kapusniak" (sour kraut) and "Barszcz" (red beet) soups were delicious. The duck with potatoes, apple with plum on top, slices of orange were not that great.
Duck and potatoes tasted like they were
reheated. Presentation was great, taste...
to be desired!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dziunka5
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent food, warm friendly staff and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

On our recent trip to Chicago we stayed outside of the city, and searched Travel Advisor for a highly rated restaurant within 5 miles of the airport. Well, I certainly want to add another "five star" review for Grand Dukes and encourage anyone who hasn't tried this restaurant to do it now! Wonderfully authentic Lithuanian and Eastern European food, massive portions, and a warm and friendly staff. It felt like going "home" although this was my first trip to Chicago. Bonus for us was a Lithuanian Youth Choir in the restaurant who joined together to share lovely, melodic birthday wishes for my husband. Fun, Food and Friendliness!

• Visited October 2012