“Closed”

Cuisines: Asian, Taiwanese
Florida
“Closed”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant closed for business approximately one month ago. Not sure why I have to type 100 characters to report this. :)

“Please make some changes!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I visited Chef Tippy's for the first time well over a year ago. At that time, I found this restaurant to be a great place to eat and meet friends before seeing performances at The Little Theatre on the Square. Over the last18 months I have visited at least 8 times and each time I see this place going down hill. I have heard that they've had their share of problems this year. This fact is quite evident. Quality of food and attention to detail are way down, very slow service, not enough help, and on my last visit the place was so dirty it was awful. Please, pick up trash and empty the overflow right outside your entry door. Take 5 minutes and clean the glass and floor in your entry area (first impressions) clean your bathrooms! The people who own this place are lovely and I feel badly that this is slipping away from them. I'm sure they are exhausted from trying to do much of this themselves. Sullivan needs this beautiful little place to return to what it was. We season ticket holders need a place to meet and have dinner before performances!

• Visited June 2013
Manteno Illinois
“Great Wedding Shower at Chef Tippy's”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently co-hosted a wedding shower at Chef Tippy's, and came away very impressed with the venue, the food, and the service. Matt was wonderful to work with. I hope he makes a go of his restaurant venture, and the people who live in Sullivan and nearby will support Chef Tippy's. They're lucky to have this caliber of restaurant in a small Central Illinois town. Matt's bacon wrapped peaches were to die for!!

• Visited April 2013
Columbus, Mississippi
“Best restaurant in Sullivan”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Last time we were here this restaurant was called Jibby's, but today Chef Tippy delivered a great meal!

They have a nice verity of sandwiches, salads, pasta, and a few steaks. The atmosphere is a bit cheezy, but the food is great.

Sullivan, Illinois
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My mom and I went for the first time for lunch since the restaurant was formally called Jibbys and owned by someone else. I was disappointed in the change of the decor, it went from elegant to 'ok' and the helments hanging as lights are way out of place.

However the food we had was excellent! We both got hamburgers, fries and sweet potato fries and they wonderful. I will for sure go again.

• Visited November 2012