“Good spot for Thai”

Thai Thanee Incorporated
Ranked #20 of 55 Restaurants in Streamwood
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Chicago, Illinois
“Good spot for Thai”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Little place in a strip mall plaza. Great pad woonsen and Tom yum Kai soup. Consistent food, we come here to eat in or take out about once a month.

Streamwood, IL
“Excellent Thai food!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We love the Panang Chicken and the Pad Si Ew (I like it with Tofu!) We usually carry out, but have eaten in a few times as well. Nice but bring a sweater, it was cold in there the last time.

Visited December 2012
Bartlett, Illinois
“Great Thai Food”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We go there for take away every time in town. A great hidden gem.

The curry's are great as well as the fried fish cakes and satay's

Found by accident but now a family favorite

Near Chicago
“It's the best Thai food in the area, for my money”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've been going to Thai Thanee since 2004. Things I get: Green Curry, Duck Curry, Spicy Fried Rice, spring rolls, Chicken Satay, and the Crab Rangoon. I've tried other Thai restaurants, but Thai Thanee's standard Tom Yung Gong soup is by far the best I've found.

I mainly battle myself every time I go in, torn between the Spicy Fried Rice (with Beef or Shrimp) and the Duck Curry. ALL their curries are top notch, IMHO. I prefer them extra spicy, and they've been consistently very good now for 8 years. I don't live close, so any time I am anywhere close I swing by to enjoy the best Thai food I've found in the NW burbs. And you cannot beat the prices. I can pay for gas from McHenry County on what I save. Only one or two entrees are over $10.

Service? I've never had bad service at Thai Thanee. It's a mom and pop kind of place, and they may get stuck in the kitchen a moment or two, but that is rare.

It is one of the healthiest places to eat that I know.

Check it out, folks. Everyone I've steered to TT has come away awed - and comes back and back and back. For those who haven't tried Thai food, I can't imagine a better introduction than Thai Thanee. I just wish there was a Thai place this good closer to me. How can anyone recommend a place any higher?

• Visited May 2012
“Best Thai Food Around!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

This is the best around, infact I'm surprised more people haven't found out about it! Their crab ragoon is the best. It's thin crunchy goodness :) I always get their pad see ew (Sp?) with chicken and also an appetizer of pot stickers!!! I've tried other dishes and try are good as well! They also have bubble tea :) Very authentic, infact I have brought many friends here an they all love it as much as me!!! Highly recommended! Try it and give it your own review :)