All reviews clean and quiet hotel front desk hotel of choice comfortable stay complimentary breakfast pool and hot tub nice place to stay workout room galena cornfield motel inns il
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I put unexpected although the prior reviews led me to believe this place would be OK. And it was. It's not on a major highway so it's very quiet. The back of the hotel is on a corn field. Literally, it's 10 feet from the hotel to the corn. Kind of cool for a city boy like me. The breakfast, as previously reviewed, is quite good for a hotel of this type. The only thing that was a lacking was that there were no eggs. I'm not sure how big a deal that is since at these kinds of places you are usually getting powdered eggs so maybe not that big a loss? One negative was that there wasn't that much seating in the breakfast area. There's a grocery store VERY near by and with the small fridge and microwave it would be possible to keep and cook some food if you wanted to. The final negative is that the TVs are still CRT and not flat panel so you will not be watching anything HD while here. The free internet seemed OK.

Room tip: If you want REALLY quiet I guess you'd stay on the back of the hotel (facing the corn) and get a room on the top floor. But I was on the bottom floor facing the corn and the only noise was the obviously very large man walking around in the room above us for a little while before he went to sleep.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mainsail4
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Awesome staff-very helpful and check in was quick and painless. The hotel room clean and fully stocked with blankets and towels. I had forgotten my lotion at home and I was pleasantly surprised that they had our brand of lotion provided complimentary in our room. Walking distance to restaurants and walking distance to shops. Gas station closeby.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I made my reservation about 5 weeks in advance. I was contacted and made aware of a lower rate a couple of weeks later. The room had gone down by $15.00 a night, which made med extremely happy. You can definitely tell this hotel is managed by someone who cares and is on site to see that it is properly take care of.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Reviewed July 30, 2014

A unique place for a quiet and peaceful vacation. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating to us. The place itself is pleasant with a great front porch with tables, chairs, and rockers. I liked how the hotel overlooked a corn field out back. The cookies upon check-in were great welcome. The downsides... the pool was very cold, even in summer! And the hot tub was way too hot. I could not stand to stay in it for even more than a minute. Although they have a work out room, they could use an equipment update; an elliptical would be nice. The breakfast was marginal at best with the hot food. The potatoes were burned; the eggs were mediocre. It is fine for cereal though and there was some fresh fruit.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our Girl Scout troop was camping at a nearby lodge and had plans to swim in the lodge's outdoor pool. Unfortunately, some bad thunderstorms rolled through with more to come that day. Country Inn and Suites to the rescue! I called the hotel directly, and the manager was extremely helpful. Although the hotel was completely booked and they usually only allowed outside groups to swim during the week, she was able to make an exception for us. We were able to come at a time when the pool wasn't really in use (around check out time), and our group could be accommodated. The facilities we saw (main area, pool, and restrooms) were clean and well appointed. I sure wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends