“As good as it gets ...”

Country Inn & Suites Stockton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I spent one night here while on a bike tour in the area. The hotel is basic, but is exactly what one should expect from the brand. Everything was clean and in good condition. The bed was comfortable; the room spacious. The temperature control worked well; no perfume-like, heavy cleaning supply smells (like so many hotels). The front desk staff were exceptionally nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Most B&Bs and hotels were fully booked for the night of the Galena Halloween Parade and Festivities, so we instead extended our search radius and found this Country Inn & Suites in Stockton, roughly 35 minutes from Galena. Friendly service at the front desk, basic rooms, an okay breakfast, and indoor pool available.

Room Tip: One side of rooms faces the parking lot, the other side faces a cornfield.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stay at this hotel everytime we are in the neighborhood. The rooms are always very clean and ready when we get there and the service is always wonderful. The pool is actually quite big for the size of the hotel. There is a second level viewing area so that you can see how many people are in the pool before you make the trek downstairs and find yourself a crowded pool. The pool is always fairly clean and the water is fairly warm. Like I said, the pool is fairly large and has a depth range of 3' to 5' or 6' (if I remember correctly). The pool area has a bathroom and the rare hot-tub/Jacuzzi - which is fairly spacious. The pool area also comes equip with towels for guest use.

The breakfast was considered a "hot" breakfast. They had assorted breakfast meats as well as the assorted "cold" breakfast items as well (bagels, bread, cereal, etc).

The room are fairly spacious and always clean and tidy. If you ever need anything, call the front desk and they'll be more than happy to get whatever you need up to you as quickly as they can.

One thing I really liked was how quiet the hotel was at all times. Its a very calming atmosphere which is nice when you travel. There is ample parking and a gas station right across the parking lot for additional "in room" supplies (snacks, drinks, etc).

All in all, a very good place to stay. Its a decent price for a great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Country neighborhood. Lots of outside seating in the shade. Felt safe here. The rooms were very cozy and clean. The beds were soft and comfy with clean fresh smelling sheets. The staff was friendly and the room was reasonably priced. It had the atmosphere of Home away from home. If ever in this area again we will certainly stay here. Thank you, Country Inn for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and our room was very quiet, never heard noise from rooms above.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We attempted stay in at a Best Western hotel in nearby Galena Illinois. Unfortunately it was a nightmare and I ended up calling the country inn and suites in the middle of the night to see if they would accept us and our dog. I was greeted on the phone by a delightful person Coleen. She was kind and Understanding. We arrived at the hotel around 2 am in the morning and were greeted by the person I had spoken to over the phone.

The staff was delightful every single one of them. We will certainly be returning to this hotel when we go back to visit our family cabin in the summer. Hotel is dog friendly and comes with a full breakfast. Facilities are clean and there is a Sullivan's grocery store conveniently located across the street.great pool facilities as well!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This newer hotel is a great find that is literally nestled in the middle of a cornfield. It offers a very quiet location with a lovely wrap around porch to relax on. An awesome pool and hot tub allowed us a great way to end the day. It's true there is not much for eating in this town but we enjoyed great food at the local 'greasy spoon" down the street. The staff here was friendly and of course warm cookies made it even better. As to the previous comment that only guests can use the pool..... well what's wrong with that?
We were road-tripping on the way back from Chicago, so I doubt we'll ever be in the neighborhood again, but if we are, I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a few of the cornfields.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family recently stayed at this hotel during a family wedding that was being held by Apple River. I used to work for a chain of hotels, so I am very familiar with how everything works. When we checked in on Friday we told the woman who checked us in we had some people coming to swim. I would like to add in that the woman working the front desk and the lady wearing her assistant manager pin were both VERY pleasant and treated us great the entire time we were at the hotel. Upon our guests getting there, the two ladies working graciously let us into the pool area and were talking to our family members and friends who were from the area. They asked us not to eat in the pool area and told us we couldn't have anything glass in our coolers for drinks. There was a man and his wife and two children swimming when we got into the pool room. They were apparently from town as everyone knew them, and stated they wanted to take the grandkids swimming but the cold weather wasn't helping them, so they had decided to come to the hotel to swim. They were eating McDonalds in the pool area and had a bag of snacks, but the ladies didn't seem to care that they were eating anything, which was fine.

To make a long and uncomfortable story short, the owner of the hotel came in and started yelling at everyone for swimming. She stated she "didn't care" if we changed hotels or didn't book the party room again, and said she didn't allow people who weren't guests at her hotel to swim. After leaving the pool area, I went to the front desk to ask her about it, as the bride had stated we had close to a dozen rooms booked for the weekend, and there were 13 people who weren't "guests" at the hotel there with us swimming, (out of those 13, there were 6 people swimming, 4 of whom were children) The owner starting loudly yelling at me from the front desk, making a huge scene, while her employees literally stood behind her cowering. When our family members went to leave, three of the kids who were staying at the hotel in our group actually left with my family members because they were uncomfortable being there. My husband called the hotel in Galena that we were staying at the night of the wedding, and unfortunately they didn't have any available rooms or we would have left immediately.

I don't often get to come back to the Stockton area to visit my family and relatives, but even with my two small children, I would rather drive to Galena for a hotel they next time we come back then give this hotel our business.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KansasCityTravel247
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galena IL
Stoney Creek Inn
Stoney Creek Inn
#1 of 11 in Galena
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa
Baymont Inn & Suites Freeport
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Freeport

Been to Country Inn & Suites Stockton? Share your experiences!