“HOMEMADE and delicious!”

Stella's Cafe and Catering
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Stockton
Cuisines: American
Description: This restaurant has a new owner & new name. (and AWESOME food!)......restaurant under the old owner was called Karen's Kitchen & Catering
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We came through Stockton on a girls weekend away in Apple River. This place is super cute! We had the following: Ruben, gyro plate and breaded chicken and ham sammie. We really enjoyed our meals. The rueben was made with their homemade rye bread. Soooo yummy! My friend also had the homemade cheddar broccoli soup and I snuck a bite. YUM! You can tell it's homemade. Not too salty. Just perfect.
We look forward to stopping by Stella's on our next trip. Next time we want the breakfast:)
See you soon, Stella's!

1  Thank Tina P

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have driven through Stockton many times but we found Stella's by accident just off Route 20. Our family of 4 really enjoyed the food and the experience. We got both breakfast and lunch items, and all the food was very good. Attentive service and a cute atmosphere. We'll be sure to stop again.

1  Thank CityLakeGirl
Reviewed June 15, 2014

On the way to Galena we were looking for a place to stop. The good reviews are spot on. The bread is awesome. I had a delicious BLT. My wife had an omelet. She said it was great. We would stop here again. Not far off of 20.

1  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I really enjoyed two visits to Stella's. The weekday visit was better than Sunday morning because Sunday was very busy and I prefer things a little calmer. The waitress was very accommodating to my needs. The homemade bread is GREAT. The rye is very special. I had it toasted. (My mouth waters remembering it.) The whole wheat is good too.

1  Thank Elainest
Reviewed September 16, 2013

While we were on Route 20, driving to Galena, we checked our tripadvisor app and found Stellas. Cute corner restaurant in the heart of town, just a short drive from the highway. Wood floors, cool tin ceiling, and windows facing the street, Stella's is that legit, local cafe. Everyone seems to know each other,but we felt welcomed and enjoyed the conversation with the staff.

We ordered from the menu even though they had a nice buffet on a Sunday afternoon. The Reuben sandwich on homemade rye bread was mouthwatering -delicious! The corned beef was perfect, with just the right amount of dressing and sauerkraut. We also ordered an omelet sandwich with ham,again on homemade bread. The service was fast and the food was great, everything was clean, this was a winner.
We will be back, and we will tell others to try Stella's. And we will keep using the app!
(On a side note, we drove to Dubuque and ate at Crust, which is ,according to stellas website, where this chef came from. Which we didnt know until afterward.) See my review for that one too.

1  Thank 18kimmr