“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staunton
Bunker Hill
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This has to be the cleanest and best super 8 I have ever stayed at.....Highly recomend it!! I stayed here for peace abd quiet and got exactly that. No slamming of doors in hallway..nice up to date..very roomy..and the rocking recliner was new.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Taylorville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

the front desk was very friendly and the room was clean and no noise.Just what i was looking for. Thios is the second time i have stayed there and will be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Owosso
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We hadn't stayed in a Super Eight for awhle and we just happened onto this particular one
on a recent trip. I believe it was about the nicest hotel we had experienced on this trip.
Nice couple running it -- excellent super start breakfast -- very nicely decorated in the
foyer, the room as well as in the breakfast room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

JUSTIN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I checked in the Motel 8 located at 1527 Herman Road, Staunton, IL 62088 on 04/06/2013. I was driving from Texas whole day and was so tired. I had coupon, I requested the front desk rep. for down stair room since they don't have the elevator and I had lot of stuff. She did have the down stair room at the coupon rate so I took the room she gave me on 2nd floor. I told her that I am driving from Texas and sensitive sleeper so I need a quiet room. I checked in at 10p.m. I had my dinner and did some office work, I had my TV on so I did not realize that heater is making lot of noise until I turn off the TV. I try to sleep in bulky matters and uncomfortable bed for about 45minutes. I called front desk around 1a.m and told Mr. Patel. (Owner) about the noise, he started to complain that why I am calling him 3hr after checking. Without listing to me and understating the problem, he was yelling and shouting, he asked me leave his hotel within 15 minutes. I am professional lady and travel all the time but never seen anyone like Mr. Patel. He kept knocking my door, while I was packing and getting ready to leave. He kept threating me in very loud voice. He insulted, humiliated and threatened me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank veenaJustin
stauntonsupereight, Manager at Super 8 Staunton, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am sorry for your experience at our hotel. I assure you that this kind of incident is not the way we conduct business. Upon walking in there were no downstairs rooms available at 10 pm. And after 2-3 hours when guest called, we offered the room next door. But guest did not want to move and wanted to keep two rooms for the price of one. Sorry we could not honor their demands, so we allowed guest to leave and fully refund their charge even after the room was used long enough.after 3 hours use-- room for room or fully refund is best any manager could had done. Even though guest thru receipt on his face within 2ft distance (physical aggressive) , Manager let the cop took care of this, but guest took off before cop came.
Frankfort, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Inexpensive one night stay. Staff friendly. Motel was clean to the point of some areas having a cleaning product smell.The FREE breakfast was very limited in items. But, it was free! Microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker in room. Dairy Queen right next door for a late night treat!

Room Tip: For an extra $5 off pick up the coupon book at the visitors center on the interstate.