“Excellent”

and 1 more site!
Pincents Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Calcot
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Beautiful building with lots of character, winding staircase, beams and lovely old windows. Clean, well appointed room (no 4) with lovely views of the countryside, a good sized bathroom and very comfortable bed. Staff were very friendly and helpful and I had an excellent dinner in the hotel dining room. I would definitely stay again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house have lots of character.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Beautiful building, helpful receptionist upon my arrival in the early evening. Room was in an outside block. It was adequate. Two of the lights did not work and there were large cobwebs on one side of the bed. The evening meal was delicious with a good variety on the menu. It was served well. Bed was comfortable although the room was a little chilly. No hairdryer was a pain in the morning as I did not find out until I had washed my hair! Breakfast was adequate although the poached eggs were like rocks..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We held our wedding here. The venue was excellent; we had exclusive use of the hotel for the day; the food was superb (both presentation and quality); the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and could not do enough to help and make the day go smoothly. It's close to the M4 but had deer in the garden in the morning. Could not recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: The main building is an old house with quirky charm.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The room was clean and had the character of the old days. The breakfast was fine, not an extensive one but it was good enough. The staff were very friendly and did their best to make our stay comfortable. We had a lovely pubsnack (jacket potato with tunamayo and sweetcorn), but if you want there is a bigger pub a few minutes drive away. I wouldn't stay longer for 1 night, but it was very convenient for a stop between two destinations. Only minus point is that the house is quite noisy (old squeecking noises when people walk up and down the room above you).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have stayed in two rooms here and they The second one was a tiny garden room with windows out out onto the path, so absolutely no privacy. The carpet was filthy and the only way to use the kettle was to put it on the (filthy) floor. The table was too small to work on (or indeed do anything on), and no bedside table. The evening meal menu was hand-scrawled on a small scrap of paper which was pushed towards me over the bar by a bar man for whom customers were a bit of an inconvenience. the owners seem to have spent the money, but as ever lack of attention to detail by the management team mean that it is wasted.

Won't be going back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 0beron
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel is very conveniently located just off the M4. It is a lovely building which has lots of rooms and steps inside making the building interesting and a bit quirky. The host was very nice and friendly, we said that we would be leaving at 5am so would miss breakfast so he very kindly arranged for the porter to give us some sandwiches which I must say were very delicious! We were impressed by the room when we first walked in as we had a double bed, a single bed and a big sofa which was very nice seeing as there was just the two of us. Unfortunately the windows did not open so the room was rather warm and the bed was not very comfortable as was on a slant so my boyfriend ended up sleeping in the single bed, it was a shame about the bed and the window as everything else about the hotel was so nice and the people who worked there were so lovely.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I booked into the Pincents Manor Hotel with my family for two nights at the end of our holiday in the UK - we wanted to be in Reading to visit friends and to be close to Heathrow for our flight out. After looking around the internet Pincents seemed to be a good choice.

We got the family room (Room 1) which was really quite spacious, although the room itself is older and creaky, and the furniture a bit tired...but then it is a Tudor property. My wife definitely felt that the bathroom could have been scrubbed a cleaner, but the main room seemed clean enough (without bring spotless).

The staff were always friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was fine but a bit limited in choice. We didn't eat any other meals there so I can't comment on that. One night we bought food from the nearby Sainsbury's and the hotel was happy to give us crockery and cutlery to eat it off.

The hotel seemed quite empty when we were there which didn't really help - in fact we may have been the only guests for one of the nights.

Not sure I would return. Next time I might try out the Premier Inn or the Crowne Plaza, but if I got a good rate at Pincents I certainly wouldn't rule out returning for a night or two...its a functional hotel that does a job at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Room 1 (Lord Henry), the family room, is recommended for a young family for a short stay.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calcot
Best Western Reading Calcot Hotel
Malmaison Reading
#4 of 31 in Reading
4 mi away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading

Been to Pincents Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!