Best Western Reading Calcot Hotel
Travelodge M4 Eastbound Reading(Burghfield)(Great Value!)
$56
Travelodge
Travelodge Reading M4 Westbound(Burghfield)(Great Value!)
$46
$73
$56
ibis Styles
  • Breakfast included
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
$82
Bath Hotel(Reading)
$47
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdinner danceparty nightfunction roomfree wifiplenty of parkingshower headsunday carveryrestaurant staffan overnight stayexcellent breakfastenjoyable staygood nights sleepsingle roomcomfortable roomfollowing morningnight's sleepstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The staff are friendly & efficient, the food was of a nice standard (and resonably priced) and as a lone female traveller I felt quite at home in the bar and restaurant. This would have been rated "vey good" if the walls/ceilings in the bedroom weren't paper thin. If you are a light sleeper you might like to ask for a top floor room else you spend the night listening to creeky floorboards.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room at the back of the hotel if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Toastie-B
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I use this hotel regularly for drinks with clients as it is very close to Reading town centre but also a quick and simple drive from the M4. We also recommend this hotel to clients when staying in the area and they are always happy.

I personally stayed for the first time last night, as a treat for my fiancées birthday. The staff were extremely friendly, the food was excellent and the prices were very reasonable.

I will definitely be staying again over Xmas as a treat and will continue to recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank mugearsuk
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Nice hotel stayed here on business for a few weeks. Very friendly clean hotel. Some rooms are a bit pokey but if you get lucky there are some which are a bit more spacious. Good free Wifi. Only negative is the evening meals poor choice and poor quality which is a real shame as there are not many options close by. They do make a great breakfast though !!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank sharkey1
Calcot, Front Office Manager at Best Western Reading Calcot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments; all feedback is important to us and your review has beed discussed with the team here at the Calcot Hotel.

We are in the processs of changing the a'la carte menu in the restaurant, to offer a wider selection for our guests. The breakfasts we serve at the hotel always receive positive comments, so I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed yours too.

Whilst the majority of our rooms are of a standard size for a three star hotel, we do have a few smaller 'single rooms' which we sell at a lower rate when all the other rooms are sold.

Thank you, once again, for your time in writing such a kind review & we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel for more times than I can remember weeks at a time as well... I don't understand the negative reviews I have read because every time I've stayed here as with the 8+ collleagues I stay with, all think this hotel is full of life and quality.. The staff are by far the most helpfull and chatty I have met and even when the bar menu is over there still prepared to please you.. The rooms are really spacious and clean modern and upto date we have made friends here and not just with the staff other companies all in all really good hotel :)

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Ashleyradius
Calcot, Front Office Manager at Best Western Reading Calcot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review about the hotel and staff at the Best Western Calcot Hotel.

All the staff and management team take all reviews, whether positive or not, very seriously and take pride in being part of the team at the hotel.

Reviews, like the one you have left, fills us with pride and does help motivate the spirit of all our staff, most having worked here for a very long time.
Many Thanks
Pauline Wainright

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I like this hotel. I often have to travel to reading on business and my company has an account with the calcot. I've been coming here since 1997 and have seen the place improve over that time. It has more character than a travel lodge or premier inn and the staff are attentive. Decent food and beer is on offer and the rooms are quiet, clear and well looked after. it fulfills all the requirements of the business traveler and I can strongly recommend...

• Stayed: October 2011