See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Since undergoing the refublishment I feel the staff quality has decreased dramatically. I was really shocked, as a regular visitor of the pub I feel the staff were slightly hostile due to my age (22). I feel like locals were prioritized over myself, the wait for a simple beveridge was extremely unsatisfactory. I’m saddened to say the Wee Waif is not what it used to be. Hopefully the senior management team will recognize the failings of the bar staff and sufficiently correct them.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for the second time and can strongly recommend the place. Clean, safe, good breakfast and convenient.
My only negative comment would be that when I arrived by taxi, at around 8pm with my young son, luggage and a car seat - a number of staff members were outside having a cigarette break. It would have been really helpful if someone could have offered me some assistance to get checked in and to our room!
It’s the small things that make a good hotel a great hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lovetraveling2134
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Lovely food. One of the best venues visited this season for food. Accommodated our coach party of football fans very well. Very friendly staff. Would definitely recommend to others and looking forward to visiting again in the future.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Anita C
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Had a lovely family meal, celebrating my mothers birthday.
Had reserved a table, which was ready for our arrival.
Clean friendly environment, good food, great service, exceptional value for money!
And certainly will visit again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Fisherman22261
Reviewed February 13, 2019

After quite a while since my last visit i was looking forward to a birthday meal at what is a pleasant venue. When i arrived it was obvious the place had undergone quite an overall and was looking very fresh unfortunately that was where the pleasure ended. The service and the food were terrible except for the chips which actually the tastiest part of my mixed grill, the gammon had obviously been done as a sacrificial offering and the chicken fillets were anaemic and seemed fresh from a microwave. will i go back? never.

• Trip type: Traveled with family