“They don't clean.”

Travelodge South Holland
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in South Holland
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

You get what you pay for, but it could have been acceptable if they cleaned regularly. It's absolutely filthy. I dont think the tub has ever been cleaned. The furniture is old, dirty, and damaged. See photos.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Michael R

Reviewed August 14, 2012

In a word.....REVOLTING. Should have paid an extra $20 and stayed anywhere else. If it wasn't so late at night, we would have simply kept driving to find another place. The carpets were filthy. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but it smelled like a really strong cleaning solution over smoke smell. Everything was in really poor shape. Air conditioner in the room was as loud as a jet engine. The only good thing was it made the other cheap hotel we stayed in later in our trip seem like the Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank burcino427
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We recieved a coupon book Travelbuddy which had a coupon for $29.99 for 2 in a KS room. We thought how bad could it be. Well It could be that bad. The sign out side said newly remodeled The sign must have been made on the same day as our anniversary Aug 5 1967. The place was dirty and unkempt. The pillow cases did not fit the pillows. The TV had a horrible pictured, could not watch the Olympics. The shower water was cold and never did warm up. There was only 1 towel for the bath. Well since no hot water I guess that you don't use many towels. I guess you get what you pay for and sometimes even get less

Room Tip: Find another place to stay
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank opa1945
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Worthless service; girl at the front desk didnt even care about our reservation. Only thing she was interested in was her own cellphone. The hotel didnt got my reservation (?) and tried to charge me for a way more expensive room.

Nasty room, full of bugs and even roaches. Jelly on the table, hairs on the bed and in the sink. Do you guys even clean the rooms before you rent them again? Disgusting. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2010

I was here with all my kids, I got a double bed for $45.00. It was cheap and anything helps for families. I stayed here for 2 nights with my 3 kids and wife. It was quiet though lots of cars seen around. I had convenience of wifi/internet access with no extra charge. House keepers do good job, despite my kids made a mess of place they cleaned it without any complain. It was a nice stay without any problem, I like it recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank milanbrown
Reviewed December 5, 2009

I checked into this dump and shortly after found roaches climbing up walls in room 242, I went to ask for a refund and I was told that the I had been in the room for 20 minutes so I could only get the room changed. I was given 3 other rooms where I found hair in beds, mouse traps in every room, gum stuck to headboards and ceilings, beer bottle caps and childrens toys on the floors, BLOOD and other types of stains on walls and doors, the list goes on. I'm contacting the BBB to report this crap. This is unexceptable. The sigh gives false prices. Stay at your own risk. P.S. The manager was the most rude of all the staff!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2009

I had a great stay at this motel. I was able to park my car right in front of my door. The front desk staff and housekeepers were friendly. I check-in to the Econo-lodge or holland inn next to this property which was bad experience. I was glad to come this motel. The staff took care of our personal request. It was nice pleasant stay!! It shocking that this motel is actually the cheapest in the town with better quality.

• Check in / front desk
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Days Inn Harvey IL
Days Inn Harvey IL
#3 of 5 in Harvey

Been to Travelodge South Holland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge South Holland

Address: 17301 Halsted St, Building A, South Holland, IL 60473-2744 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn)
Location: United States > Illinois > South Holland
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in South Holland
Price Range: $44 - $71 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge South Holland 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Travelodge South Holland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Regency Inn South Holland Hotel South Holland