“ICKY!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in South Holland
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“ICKY!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

In a word.....REVOLTING. Should have paid an extra $20 and stayed anywhere else. If it wasn't so late at night, we would have simply kept driving to find another place. The carpets were filthy. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but it smelled like a really strong cleaning solution over smoke smell. Everything was in really poor shape. Air conditioner in the room was as loud as a jet engine. The only good thing was it made the other cheap hotel we stayed in later in our trip seem like the Hilton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank burcino427

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cutlerville, Michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We recieved a coupon book Travelbuddy which had a coupon for $29.99 for 2 in a KS room. We thought how bad could it be. Well It could be that bad. The sign out side said newly remodeled The sign must have been made on the same day as our anniversary Aug 5 1967. The place was dirty and unkempt. The pillow cases did not fit the pillows. The TV had a horrible pictured, could not watch the Olympics. The shower water was cold and never did warm up. There was only 1 towel for the bath. Well since no hot water I guess that you don't use many towels. I guess you get what you pay for and sometimes even get less

Room Tip: Find another place to stay
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank opa1945
Here
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Worthless service; girl at the front desk didnt even care about our reservation. Only thing she was interested in was her own cellphone. The hotel didnt got my reservation (?) and tried to charge me for a way more expensive room.

Nasty room, full of bugs and even roaches. Jelly on the table, hairs on the bed and in the sink. Do you guys even clean the rooms before you rent them again? Disgusting. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 22, 2010

I was here with all my kids, I got a double bed for $45.00. It was cheap and anything helps for families. I stayed here for 2 nights with my 3 kids and wife. It was quiet though lots of cars seen around. I had convenience of wifi/internet access with no extra charge. House keepers do good job, despite my kids made a mess of place they cleaned it without any complain. It was a nice stay without any problem, I like it recommend to everyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank milanbrown
ILLINOIS
Reviewed December 5, 2009

I checked into this dump and shortly after found roaches climbing up walls in room 242, I went to ask for a refund and I was told that the I had been in the room for 20 minutes so I could only get the room changed. I was given 3 other rooms where I found hair in beds, mouse traps in every room, gum stuck to headboards and ceilings, beer bottle caps and childrens toys on the floors, BLOOD and other types of stains on walls and doors, the list goes on. I'm contacting the BBB to report this crap. This is unexceptable. The sigh gives false prices. Stay at your own risk. P.S. The manager was the most rude of all the staff!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City
Reviewed February 10, 2009

I had a great stay at this motel. I was able to park my car right in front of my door. The front desk staff and housekeepers were friendly. I check-in to the Econo-lodge or holland inn next to this property which was bad experience. I was glad to come this motel. The staff took care of our personal request. It was nice pleasant stay!! It shocking that this motel is actually the cheapest in the town with better quality.

• Liked — Friendly,Cheap,Clean
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank tracie5
Alton
Reviewed October 13, 2008

This Motel is a dump, they should close it down. We book a room there and the rooms were filthy had blood stains on the wall! the floors were sticky like someone had pisses on it, and the sheets were dirty and not clean. We checked out the same day and told the manager about the rooms, and nothing was done about it! Also there were roaches in the room needs to be exterminated! Bad motel close down.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It was not excitable
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
reginn, Sales Manager at Travelodge South Holland, responded to this review, February 15, 2009
We feel sorry about this particular guest. We found insuffcient evidence to agree with this particular guest. Our goal to satisfy each guest with low rates with the best service. The property is under new management. Thanks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Holland
#1 of 3 in South Holland
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing

Been to Travelodge South Holland? Share your experiences!