“Great Breakfast”

Sweet Berry Cafe
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in South Elgin
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sweet Berry Cafe offers an array of freshly made to order breakfast/ lunch entrees, vegetarian choices, gluten free choices and healthy meals. We use the freshest fruits and vegetables, farm fresh XL AA Grade Eggs and high quality meats such as: Roast Prime Rib for our beef sandwiches, Certified Black Angus Burgers, real Roasted Turkey Breast, extra Thick Cut Maple Bacon and savory thick cut Bone In Ham. We proudly serve Hawaiian Kona Coffee. Each pot is freshly ground. Our Home Made Soups are prepared every morning with only the freshest of ingredients, never canned. Since we don’t save and reheat our soups we offer ½ Priced Soups To-Go everyday from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. We serve all these quality items at a reasonable “Family Friendly” Price.
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

It is not a huge place, so late Sunday morning we had about a 10 minute wait. This is still much less than the wait we have had at Randall's. The food choices are unique; I had eggs with sweet potato hash, which was really good! Each of us at the table enjoyed our food. The server was friendly and helpful. We will be back.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Carolyn P

Elgin, Illinois
“Disrespect for Customer”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

November 16th, 2013

Friends of mine asked us to join them for lunch today. It was going to be the first time we were getting together after I had surgery earlier in the week. I was excited about getting out of the house. They suggested we go to Sweet Berry Cafe in South Elgin. I agreed that would be fine. We touched base by cell phone as we were leaving to meet there at noon. We agreed whoever got to the restaurant first would get a table for 5 people.

My father and I were the first to arrive. We walked in and the hostess asked if the two of us would like to be seated. I said, actually there will be 5 of us. She said one minute please. She walked into the back room of the restaurant and came back. She then told me that we couldn't be seated until our whole party was present. I said, we'd been here before and were seated immediately without everyone present. She said that was the new rule. I said why would that be since the restaurant was about half empty. From where I was standing I could see there were tables open for 6, 4 and 2 . I told her I could understand if there was a waiting line and they had limited seating but, there was plenty of seating. She said that didn't matter those were the rules. I told here I had just had surgery and would be more comfortable at a table. That didn't matter. I then told her that this was not acceptable. She asked if I'd like to talk to the owner. I said yes, I would. She disappeared and said he'll be right out.

The owner never did come out. I told her I'd not be coming back to this establishment. She shrugged and said nothing. To me this was a blatant disregard for a customer and very disrespectful. Since this is obviously the way the owner and employees feel about their clientèle, I will not be going back to Sweet Berry Cafe.

In the end, another of our party showed up and we called the other two that were nearby. We decided not to stay at Sweet Berry's for lunch. We went to another establishment that treats their clientèle with respect.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank N P
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Food - Lots of unique options”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have been to the Sweet Berry Cafe several times, and have been pleasantly surprised every time. They are only open for breakfast and lunch so keep this in mind, but it is definitely worth the trip. The Southwest Potato Cakes are delicious. The Pumpkin pancakes are served with some slices of caramelized pumpkin with them, and they were awesome.

For coffee drinkers, they serve Kona coffee, which my wife says is very tasty. The chef also makes homemade jams to serve with the toasts. They are very memorable also. You can also purchase some to take home if you want.

All in all, I hope this restaurant is there for a long time. They are off to a great start, and doing a fine job!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank The-Road-Tripster
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Place, average food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This establishment changed names/owners recently. I was not blown away by my meal. Granted, its a breakfast place and I ordered lunch at lunch time. But my order was simple, a Turkey Club. Bacon was poor, the toast wasn't toasted and the turkey was your ordinary sliced lunch meat deli style turkey. How hard is it to make a good turkey club?

Service was extremely friendly. I will give this place another try again soon.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RWNay
Chicago, Illinois
“Just opened! Fantastic addition to South Elgin”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Restaurant had a nice contemporary feel to the place. Couldn't decide between breakfast or lunch there were so many delicious looking dishes. You can't go wrong regardless of what you order. The food served at Sweet Berry was so flavorful and portions were huge! Sweet Berry is a nice addition to South Elgin. Nice twist on breakfast and lunch items!

• Visited June 2013

Been to Sweet Berry Cafe? Share your experiences!