“Very good food and fast lunch service”
Review of The Lucky Monk

The Lucky Monk
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lucky Monk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Barrington Road and Route 90
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Chili and Greek salad was excellent. The restaurant was busy with holiday parties, but service was quick making this a good place for a quick business lunch.

There are newer reviews for The Lucky Monk

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were there Black Friday after fighting the shopping madness. The place was hopping, but we were seated quickly. It has a cozy atmosphere. I had the Lucky Monk beer sampler, which features their 6 beers, including a featured seasonal ~~~ 5 oz samples and a card describing each beer. I liked all of them, even the stout ( I'm not a huge stout fan.) I was also impressed that they felt confident in their microbrew to also carry some of the best beers from both the East and West Coasts. I also had a terrific cup of crab bisque and the beet and goat cheese salad. The server was friendly and on-point. My only complaint would be the the food was very slow to come out. I look forward to eating there again the next time I'm in the Chicago area.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Four of us went on a Saturday night just before thanksgiving. It was very crowded. We waited about 45 min. I suggest you make a reservation. The food was really amazing. I had the half chicken. I loved it. Crispy outside but juicy. My sister had the steak tacos. A bit spicy but very tender and tasty meat. My husband had the King hamburger. Peanut butter and banana burger. He was pleased with it. My bro in law had the grilled cheese burger again he liked it but you gotta love a lot of cheese for that one. We ordered the poutine fries for an appetizer. They were the star of the show. We all loved them. My husband is still talking about them. It's fries covered in brown gravy and cheese curds. I've had them elsewhere and these were far superior. Overall a great meal. It's very loud in there. It's the only negative.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

They have a large menu here, which makes it great for a crowd. We had reubens, which were very good. The onion strings were good also, but bordered on being too salty (and I like salt). My companion thought the reuben was oversalted also, but it was okay for me. Service was very good.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday afternoon. Not too busy. Staff was efficient but not exactly friendly. Did the job but not too many smiles. Food menu is on a laminated plastic card. Simple fare but our sandwich and pizza were good. Enjoyed a beer sampler too. Water glasses were kept full. The beer and menu descriptions were accurate. All in all, a good experience.