“Nice find in suburbia”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: IL Route 59
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This gem is really tucked away - need to look for it. Great atmosphere and friendly servers. Crepes were very good and as a bonus they have a gluten-free menu! Definitely will return when the weatrher is warmer - the patio looks inviting.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I reserved a table for my sister's bachelorette party at this wonderful find in South Barrington, Illinois. The Bride, three other bridesmaids, and myself enjoyed a wonderful lunch with elegant wines and generous portions. The waitress was pleasant and conversational and the hostess was prepared for our party as soon as we walked in the door. I was impressed and hope to visit again in the future!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

A little bit of French cuisine tucked away in the corner of a high end strip mall. I would not have known this restaurant existed and would not have stopped here without the recommendation from a friend.
Overall... Delightful service, a great fresh meal, well seasoned, & presented oh so artistically. Just as it should have been... Love French cooking! This is a great place to go for a special occasion or a lunch getaway with girlfriends!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Met a friend here, who described this as his favorite restaurant. So, my one lunch experience does not have as many "data points," but it is indeed my experience. I ordered Kobe Beef Ultimate Burger, rare. It was served dead - well done. I ate slowly as my friend talked. Server never asked me how was my meal. After my friend was done eating, I ordered a cappacino, which was fine. At end of time, as waitress was preparing check, she asked us about our meals -I told her it was terrible, way over cooked. Waitress (and my friend) looked at me in amazement, telling me i should have told them right away. Perhaps, but in most restaurants i dine in, the waiter, waitress or host ask how is the food after every dish is served. Not here. Was most expensive bad burger i ever had. I give the meal poor marks. The waitress was pleasent when she took the order and presented the check, but no contact in between. i do not plan to revisit.

1  Thank Cubsfan88
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went here last Monday night for my birthday dinner, and did not need a reservation. The restaurant is deceivingly large with a beautiful Absinthe Bar near the entrance. This is the only Absenthe Bar in the Chicago area from what we're told. Absinthe has only been legal in the U.S since 2007. It had been banned around 1912 because it was thought to possess halucinogenic properties. We did not have time to visit this bar, but will on a future trip.

The staff is friendly and attentive and as far as I could tell, none were French. The food, however is very French! I had the Souris d'Agneau (Lamb Shank) which was braised and served with mashed potatoes. It was simply delicious. My daughter had the Prime Faux Filet a l'ail which was also very tender and delicious. My husband raved about his Chateaubriand Filet au Poive which is not served wrapped in a pastry crust "en croute" as he is used to. We have since learned that the term Chateaubriand does not refer to the steak wrapped en croute, it refers to a particularly thick cut from the fillet. If you're a fan of Roquefort cheese, I recommend the Salad de Cresson and Roquefort. It was the smoothest Roquefort I've ever tasted. Overall, our experience here was relaxing and satisfying. We will be going back on a regular basis. It's probably very crowded on the weekends.