“Fine”

Cross street: IL Route 59
Chicago, Illinois
“Fine”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

That's all it was. The food was fine, very expensive, and the crepes were, ok. We had them in as a special vendor at Sears Holdings as well for lunches on Friday, but it didn't last long - too pricey and just ok.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Chickeyd

Altamonte Springs, Florida
“A bit more like 3.5 than 4”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went here with a group and had a fairly decent and very LOOONG dinner. So for those looking for a quick bite to eat, this is probably not the place to be. So for the review.

Highlights:
1. Positioned at the corner area of the arboretum, its ample parking, easy access and decent location was enough to draw us in to give it a try. The outside seating is next to the mall courtyard which doesn't really scream bistro but for this area, you really couldn't find a better spot. The interior decor was nice and clean. I am a big fan of the copper salt and pepper shakers on the tables. Although I don't particularly think that this place had a french look too it. Maybe its just a french style that I am not used to since I am hardly a french expert.

2. The person that sat us either was the manager or owner. Really dressed down and gave it that family owned vibe. Kind of like going to a local diner. The guy was kind of a jerk though. Perhaps we looked young or maybe because most of the people there were all dressed up like they were out on the town. It doesn't excuse his rude behavior. Also, don't say because its French.

3. Service was incredibly slow. We even had to ask the guy that fills the water to just leave the pitcher because he came so infrequently. The waitress was so surprised and asked "how did you get the water pitcher?" She was nice however for the most part. The problem I had with her is you had to ask for everything. To go from appetizer to salad, to entree to dessert... each time we had to tell her we were ready for the next course. Keep in mind, they already not coming by much so to chase her around was kind of a pain.

4. The food was hit or miss. Some combinations didn't work well for my pallet while others were just as expected. We are the type of friends that share so I got to taste just about everything and the overwhelming response was they have had better elsewhere. I had a filet and lobster combo for my entree. The steak was just ok for me. Awfully hard to cut since they gave me butter knife looking semi sharpened tool to cut it. The lobster again was just ok. I just paused for a good minute to give an example of something that was out of this world at this place and I realize that everyone said that my dish was the best. I did like my wife's ceviche. My friends paella was bleh, The ratatouille was ok. The melon and prosciutto was a definite no go. I think 2nd on the list of good eats here was the watermelon salad.Sadly, it was just chopped watermelon.

We figured it was worth a shot and will probably never go back here. As mentioned in the review, the slow service alone is enough for me to not pay this place a visit. However, if you are going on a first date and you want to prolong your evening, perhaps this would be reasonable choice. Don't expect to be wowed and you will get through the meal ok. There was quite a few of us and I sampled at least 5 appetizers, 4 entrees, about 4 soups or salads and 4 desserts. Not one wow out of my mouth.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jherome241
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Lovely Valentine's Day dinner”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have been here a couple of times as a couple, and I have come twice with girlfriends. Love the atmosphere. The food is very good, but the last time we were here, on Valentine's Day, my filet was so rare I could not eat it. So be very clear on what you expect of your steak!! Everything else was perfect. Great wines, also.

Visited February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Quaint & Classy”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My best friend and I recently had Sunday Brunch at L'Eiffel Bistrot & Creperie and it was wonderful. The decor and ambiance is so quaint. Not as busy as they should be, but maybe because it is a hidden gem. We were seated right away, had exceptional service and the chef had no problem with an off the menu request. To top it off, wonderful live Jazz music. This restaurant is 5 stars ++!

• Visited April 2012
“A French cafe atmosphere in South Barrington”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

This place located in a new shopping center in South Barrington has the feel of the French cafe located in the heart of a retail district in France. The dining area is spacious and exposed by a lot of light from large windows on each side of this corner building. The tables are covered with traditional white linen cloth with an inconspicuous layer of matching white paper tablecloth on top of the linen. The furniture and setting bring to mind a large patio with a sophisticated bar on one end of the restaurant.

We each had the special three course meal which for worked well for us because we split some of the preliminary dishes such as the crab cake, spring rolls, and tomato salad. For the entree we both had the rabbit with a light sauce on wild rice. This food is very good by French gourmet standards, and the overall dining experience is excellent

• Visited April 2012