“Average stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seasalter
Alberta Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Portsmouth
“Average stay”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed at Alberta! Was impressed so soon as we arrived checked in with a nice young lady, who was very polite. Went for some food and drink and was very pleasant. bar staff and the girls that did bingo was very nice to talk to and very helpful. The accommodation was not to standard but was to expect from a caravan, was not impressed with the female maintenance on the golf buggy as she was driving far to fast tried to ask for assistant but she failed to stop, this happened on more than one occasion, have to add when in the club house the staff are aloud to play on the bandits. Not impress with this park shame because there were some nice people on this site and has potential apart from the looney on the golf cart.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrew P
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Alberta Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay here with us at Alberta Holiday Park. I am pleased to read that all the staff were pleasant and helpful to you, I would like to thank your for bringing to my attention the issue with the female maintenance operative - I have disabused this issue with her and she would like to apologise for any short comings from her service. Staff should not be playing the fruit machines whilst on duty or in uniform, but are allowed to play them off duty - I have sent a memo to all staff reminding them of this. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just come back from our weekend at Alberta... Myself and the grandchildren could not have asked for a better time. The children loved the swimming pool and entertainment. The staff were polite and very helpful at all times, our check in wasn't until 4pm but as the caravan was ready they let us in at 3pm. Nice little site, Would recommend to anyone, Will be back soon - Thanks team Alberta

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Alberta Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your post regarding your stay here with us at Alberta Holiday Park. I am please to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and that you made the most of your time spent on park.
Kampen
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived from Holland on Monday for a week to stay at this holiday park.
We arrived too early and gave our tel.nr. so that they could call us about our check in time, however we never received a call.
The caravan was dirty with grease spots everywhere.
The caravan was not wel maintained, door from kitchen cabinet defect, cover from waste bin defect.
Poor equiped kitchen: 1 smal frying pan with worn out non-stick coating.
No cutting board etc.
Parking was a nightmare, we found a parking place. Suddenly the next day, a huge caravan was parked on the parking place. Where do I need to park my car now!! I saw this on serveral parking places around the park
Sitting outside the caravan: How? No gardenchair en table!!
I filled in a complain form, what will they do whit it? I’m no sure.
I am shocked by the state and service of this park and will not recommend his to anybody else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harry F
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Alberta Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here with us at Alberta Holiday Park,
We take the comfort of our guests most seriously and any problems we are made aware of are always dealt with a quickly as possible. It is unfortunate that you did not report the problems details within your post to staff in our reception. We welcome all comments our holiday makes may have and only wish you had taken the time to visit our staff in reception to discuss your concerns further. Our Contract cleaners and housekeeping staff have strict guidelines to adhere to in order to meet the standards of cleanliness Park Holiday UK expect for their guests and I can only apologise that this was not the case in this instance. I would like to apologise for any shortcomings in the service you received and the disappointment you felt due to your holiday not coming up to your expectations.
Wallasey, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Well here goes, make of this what you will.
When I arrived there had been a mix up with my booking and the extra day I had paid for wasn't on the system, reception said they would sort it but then said they had no availability. I called the booking agent myself and it was then arranged. Staff where polite however.
First impressions of the caravan was ok, maybe not silver standard but clean and tidy. Windows were broken, I did report this with the little job card you are given but nothing was done. We had an issue with ants which was sorted quickly until they found another way in, and we were offered to move but told the problem wouldn't go away so I decided to persevere. Then the fire broke and the gas man had to come and fix it.
We were also sighted near the clubhouse which was great of a day but loud of a night with the music and teenagers messing about. Being situated opposite a very did functional family that had hygiene issues, delinquent children and a mother who shouted and swore at them all day didn't help matters either, but like I say I persevered, and didn't mention this as they were owners of their caravan.

The sight is mainly owners, i was told to move my car and not keep it by my caravan because they couldn't get to their caravan. fair enough but thats where i had been told to park!! there were large groups of people who had known each other for years, their children all played and fought together and I found myself watching out for my son as they all swore, spat at and bullied each other.
The entertainment was great if you liked bingo every night. There was other stuff on later but I never got to see it as it was late for my son to go to bed.
The club house was clean and tidy but the toilets never had Hand wash.
The pool was new and not fully set up as they had to keep shutting it and asking people to leave while they put the chemicals in, again fair enough but was still annoying. They had no seating and we were told this had been ordered.

And then to end the week their was a fight outside the clubhouse on our last night and we were told someone had been stabbed!! This happened right where the children play and the police and ambulance arrived, they had to tape of part of the seating area. But staff still carried on with bingo!! I couldn't wait to get home. After traveling over 300 miles to get there, I will not be returning. It's a shame really because the staff were lovely, I think it's just a residents only place and the majority had no room for strangers.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Lianne W
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Alberta Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay here with us at Alberta Holiday Park. Naturally I am very disappointed to read that your holiday failed to meet your expectations and as such I must apologise for any disappointment you have felt. My team and I are dedicated to ensuring all our customers and guests have an enjoyable holiday and in particular receive a high standard of customer service.
I am aware that you visited our reception during your holiday and believe we did our up-most to rectify those issues reported. We would have liked the opportunity to ensure all of your concerns were dealt with however not all items you mention were reported during your stay. We do encourage guests to discuss any situation with us, however big or small so we can try to rectify the situation
Our new swimming pool is proving very popular, particularly during the recent warm weather and the occasional introduction of session swims is necessary from a safety perspective and to ensure that all guests can enjoy this facility. The swimming pool water is tested regularly, particularly during busy periods and chemicals may be required to ensure the water is clean and safe. This treatment can be carried out between swim sessions
Unfortunately there was an isolated incident on our park during Saturday evening that resulted in a customer receiving an injury. The police are involved in the incident and the parties concerned have been removed from the park and will not be permitted access to Alberta Holiday Park or any other park within our group. My entertainment team were instructed to continue with the evening’s activities in order to maintain a calm environment whilst the incident was dealt with. We take the safety and security of all guests very seriously and I can assure you that incidents of this nature are dealt with swiftly and in the strictest possible manner.
Once again apologise for any disappointment that you experienced during your stay. We would welcome the opportunity to rectify this experience should you choose to return to Alberta Holiday Park at some time in the future
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Key word of the Alberta park is, "Apathy".

The little surprise they have there, which is not in any brochure, is the full scale, life size train set that it smack dab next to the park. Yes folks, you have a mainline train service to London screaming past your caravan at all hours.

Report a problem? No problem. At least not to the staff, who won't consider it a problem and will do naught about it. For example - we had a broken light switch. It was not fixed when we reported it. On chasing it up, it turned out they already knew from a previous occupant. The part was on order and they needed an electrician to fit it. Why can't they just pick one up from B&Q? It's only a light switch!

Here's another thing they don't mention in the brochure - there's nowhere to park your car. What places do exist get blocked by the people who own caravans there. Reception inform you that there's nothing they can do about this and you have to park, "wherever you can".

Another special feature of this site - dreadful water pressure. Hot water trickles out the tap and so makes for an awful shower. Report it to maintenance and you get, "nothing we can do, it's like that all over this place".

The cistern was leaking and we reported that. Again nothing was done on the day. We were told, "they tried to get in but you wasn't there" and then some malarkey about not having a key. They had one when they came in to not fix the light switch. Eventually we were told, "it's condensation". That is, until we showed them the black mould infested joint that needed tightening.

If you want a quiet meal on-site, don't go in the evening. The "restaurant" is a corner of the club so its far from quiet. Actually, if you want nice food, go off-site. We tried it once, I had a dry burger on a dry bun with an orange square on top. No salad or any dressing. They even had no salt. We asked for it and were told there was none. Not even in the kitchen.

The caravan itself was for the most part clean and comparatively new, but the layout was odd, making for a smaller front room and a larger bathroom. However, the sound proofing had no chance against the best that diesel locomotives could throw at it.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this place. Unless maybe you like trains and are thinking of buying a caravan there as it appears to be run for the sake of owners and not renters.

Room Tip: If you don't think you can put up with mainline trains screaming through at all hours, then book...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank barnum42
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay here with us at Alberta Holiday Park.
It gives me no pleasure to read that your holiday was not up to your expectations and as such I must apologise for any disappointment this may have caused you and your family. Staff here at Alberta Holiday Park endeavour to ensure all our customers and guests have an enjoyable holiday and in particular receive a high standard of customer service. I believe your complaint has now been resolved via our Operations Director.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

caravan clean and bar staff great!....entertainment was terrible. unfortunately a wet mid week, however, "arts and crafts" or ANYTHING to help entertain bored kids not available. on approaching sarah, it was basically "if u dont like it do one!"
chloe was lovely but inexperienced.
toilets in club house...mmmmm well....no loo roll untill asked for...no soap in dispensers....need i go on???
my daughter and i spent £270 for a monday to friday half term to take my granddaughter away which would have been acceptable if entertainment was better....we were very disapointed

Room Tip: we were very happy with convenience of our caravan...no late noise as no entertainment going on...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay here with us at Alberta Holiday Park. I was very surprised to read your post as I can find no previous record or report of your complaint/concerns whilst your were holidaying with us at the park. I am sure you will agree it is very difficult to provide entertainment that will please everyone, however we do endeavour to ensure all tastes are catered for. It is a shame that you did not bring your concerns to our attention at the time of your holiday as we would have had an opportunity to resolve them for you. Thank you for your feedback.
Basingstoke
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed their recently with my parnter and just to say what a lovely friendly little park it was. Very helpful and friendly reception staff who promptly dealt with our enquires about local shops, transport etc. Caravan was nice and clean and location is ideal as just a short drive to whitstable and other local area's. Only drawback is we were quite close to the railway line. I would definatly stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Alberta Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay here with us at Alberta Holiday Park - I am pleased that you enjoyed your time spent with us, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the reception team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seasalter
Premier Inn Whitstable Hotel
Premier Inn Herne Bay Hotel
Birchington Vale
Birchington Vale
#2 of 3 in Birchington

Been to Alberta Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!