“Food was very good and our waitress wonderful”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Skokie
Ranked #31 of 216 Restaurants in Skokie
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Skokie Blvd
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were stuck in traffic and pulled off to eat before heading home one night. I had a wonderful scallop dish, and the chocolate made it worth the detour. It is pricey but we enjoyed it..

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were on a diet when we dined here and specified a lot of changes to the typical menu preparations. They delivered perfectly on our requests and without a fuss.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

First, I have to say I have been to this restaurant repeatedly when I come into Chicago. I am from the Skokie area. I stay at the Hampton Inn and meet family at this restaurant during each visit.

EVERY time, the service is lack-luster. This time, the restaurant was nearly empty, and the service was still very poor. I am at the point where I will not be returning to this restaurant on subsequent visits.

Let me give you one (of many examples): We order a bottle of wine. He comes to the table with the wine and asks if we want something to keep it chilled in (at the table). Really? You have to ask this question? Then, we wait, and wait for his return. I finally went up to the host and complained. There were many more examples, but I will not waste my time.
The food. . .. . OK. Really overpriced for what you get. The pasta dish was bland; little to no flavor. We had the Sea Bass which was OK. Nothing to write home about. Truthfully, if the service level was better, I would go back because of the convenience.

If you are in the area and want Sea Food, go to Bone Fish. The service there is "okay", but the food is far better.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were five people -- three adults and two small children. Service was awful. The place was empty and the waitress never came by. The kids pasta was inedible. The steak was tough. The menu listed a dish and a different one was delivered by the same name (they did take it back). I had good experiences in the past so maybe we will try it again -- but unlikely.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wasn't busy for lunch Sun morning, St. Patrick day weekend of 2013. Excellent wine selection and reasonable pricing. Chef's recommendations were excellent, Spring menu brunch were enjoyable, and mix grill quite delicious for fresh seafood lovers. Even a nice corner for family celebration was available