“Overpriced blah flavored food”

Ken's Diner & Grill
Ranked #21 of 212 Restaurants in Skokie
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We were traveling through the Chicago-area 2 days before Christmas and saw this diner on Trip Advisor. We went there with our 2 teenage daughters. The restaurant itself was clean and had nice decor. The staff was very friendly and the bathrooms clean and serviced.

I ordered the Buddy Burger and my husband got some type of Italian beef with hot peppers. Fries were yummy. However my buddy burger was not good at all. It had no flavor. I ate half and dumped the rest. My husband said his sandwich was also nothing to write home about. My youngest daughter got the chicken noodle soup and she said the best part was the Zesta crackers. Our oldest got the chicken strips....again, just so-so. We dropped $40 and change on this meal and threw half of it out.

We frequent many diners when we're out of town. Often they have the best food and are more fun then your run-of-the-mill chain restaurants. I am not complaining about the greasiness of the burgers. I happen to love a good greasy juicy flavorful burger. But this was not the case.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

a fun place, tasty (if not terribly healthy) choices.
meat entrees. dispoable plates and forks
hasn not changed much oer the years and that is a good thing

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good food, nice decor (doesn't feel like a kosher place), friendly people, we really enjoyed ourselves.

The food was delicious. We were totally full when we were done eating. It's a meat place but the vegetarian among us was encouraged to try the veggie burger, and while this is not what people come here for, it was absolutely fantastic. Usually meat places have nothing for vegetarians, and this was a wonderful surprise. Recommended for everyone.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

our table of 3 had two orders of burgers and one of a steak sandwich. i tasted both and would be hard pressed to choose a favorite. my only complaint is that the burger i ordered was too large and too good to stop eating.

1  Thank ruchel
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 13, 2008

Their Burger Buddy is the best hamburger in town. Their bison burger is no slouch either.

Not in the mood for meat? Go next door to Malibu Pizza. Best kosher pizza value. Most fun atmosphere of any kosher restaurant.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Ken's Diner & Grill? Share your experiences!