“Really neat sweets”
Review of Sweety Pies

Sweety Pies
Ranked #4 of 6 Dessert in Skokie
Good for: Families with children
Description: Sweety Pies is a family owned and operated business started in 2007 by the Kruger family (Arden, Bruce, Chad, and Dana). Sweety Pies specializes in homemade, from scratch, desserts utilizing family recipes and favorites. Sweety Pies was featured on Chicago's Best for our Chocolate Cashmere, and Crocodile Pies (pecan w/ chocolate and rum). We also have an award-winning Traditional Double Crust Apple Pie. Sweety Pies was voted #1 in Skokie for Birthday Cakes in 2012 and Dana can help you make any event, wedding, or birthday special with a custom made cake that tastes as amazing as it looks. Sweety Pies offers breakfast and lunch with a variety of croissants, scones, home made soups and chili. Come sit in our 20 seat homey cafe and relax, read a book, or have a business meeting. We also serve Intelligentsia coffee and Metropolis Coffee and espresso based drinks! We can't wait to see you and welcome you into our family!
Reviewed August 17, 2017

They make really different sweets and they are fresh and tasty. Soo pretty and decorated nicely. You need to check it out for a special birthday or occasion

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Sweety Pie is a family owned bakery and coffee shop that produces delicious gluten free products - and believe me, my gluten free family members have tried a lot in the area and always wind up back at Sweety Pie. My personal favorite is the cinnamon rolls and lattes though I have eaten my share of German chocolate cupcakes (not gluten free). The decorated cakes are beautiful.

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

The shop is cute, but personel are not taught to treat people warmly. Place was empty, but person behind the counter made a point of not being helpful. No worries. That Is the best way to push people to the newly opened coffeshop.

Reviewed February 2, 2016

I've visited several times - always wanting to support local businesses, but taste and value must be present to earn my loyalty. I found neither at Sweety Pies. Hard to imagine pastries so distasteful or coffee so bitter while still charging inflated prices. Servers were friendly and helpful, but I just didn't care for anything I ate or drank there. To be honest, I did have a decent cup of hot chocolate once (better than powdered Swiss Miss at home) though for $3 a cup I expected better. If you want to assert that I don't have a sufficiently sophisticated palate to appreciate their baked goods, maybe you are right. I do prefer milk chocolate over carob and strawberry filling over fig. Or maybe I just never ordered the house specialty - a cake. All I can say is that I know what I like and it is nothing I've ever eaten here. And at these prices three strikes and they're out for me.

Reviewed October 15, 2015

OK so downtown Skokie doesn't have a Starbucks! Big deal! but Sweety Pies does have great bakery items and much more relaxing atmosphere to sit and sip coffee and meet for business meetings! Amazing pies, cupcakes and cakes and other sweet things to nosh on!

Been to Sweety Pies? Share your experiences!