“Good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Portillo's
Ranked #7 of 203 Restaurants in Skokie
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Their hot dogs & polish sausage is good; their salads are even better. Their burgers o.k. We each usually get the polish & split one of their garbage salads between the two of us.

Visited January 2014

Memphis, Tennessee
“Awesome Chicago dogs and fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This place is a must when we are in the area. Great food and great prices. Never had a bad meal. Everything comes out fresh, hot and quick.

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Best Italian Beef and hot dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We moved from Illinois to Wisconsin and have never found a restaurant that is equal to Portillos. The service is fast and customer focused. The food is amazing, especially the italian beef. We stop at this location each time we drive thru on our way to Michigan. The bonus is that we can buy the beef by the pound to take home. In addition, you can't beat their hot dogs.

• Visited February 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Simply Fantastic Italian Beef--Done Chicago Style!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

When I go to Chicago I MUST HAVE A CHICAGO STYLE ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICH. It's not an option; it's a necessity because there is something about Chicago's Italian beef sandwiches that make them special. Wife and I went to the Portillo's on Dempster but there are many Portillo's in Chicago so there will probably be one near you.
Actually, the Portillo's we went to (at the end of a shopping mall) shared the space with another Italian restaurant that specialized in pasta. The place is huge...I mean huge. There is all kinds of memorabilia everywhere---the walls, the ceiling, every place---old gas station signs, old photos, old bikes you name it. You put in your order--they give you a number--you hang around where they make the sandwiches and when they call your number you pick up your order. You pay at the end of the meal...they trust you!!
OK, so it is a noisy family and teen and couples place but you don't feel like you are crowded at all. It is surprisingly clean for a restaurant this big and this kind.
OK enough of the chit-chat.
The Italian beef here is the best. I mean it. It's great. Done just right with just enough juice but the Italian bread doesn't get soggy. It keeps its delicious crust. The sandwiches are big, they don't skimp on the meat. And yet I could have eaten a whole other one, it was that good. My wife had the Italian sausage sandwich and it was as good as the beef. I got my IB (I mean Italian Beef, not Irritable Bowel...yuck) with green peppers and hot peppers. You know, just thinking about it makes my mouth water and I have to stop writing or I am going to book a flight for Chicago.

• Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Foodies Dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place is definitely serious about delicious food. Their chicago dog is probably the best i've had while I was in chicago. And I went to 2 other top ten hot dog places while I was there this past weekend. And I been to others while I was on other trips.

My cousin brought me here and i'm happy she did.

I had the italian beef. Tasted similar to a french dip. thin slices of beef with bell peppers on warm italian bread. the juices from the meat gets in the bread and makes it nice and soggy... but still keeps the crisp integrity of a toasted sub. Very delicious.

Finished the meal with several bits of their incredible chocolate cake... chocolate on chocolate and chocolate. :)

so good.

Will definitely return.

Visited October 2013

Been to Portillo's? Share your experiences!