“good food no matter what you order”

Jameson's Charhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jameson's Charhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 212 Restaurants in Skokie
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Golf Rd
Description: Jameson's currently has 8 locations in the greater Chicago area.
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The service was good and the food even better. The soups are delicious, and the salads fresh. Some apps are large enough for a dinner and the entrees are large (and rich) so be sure to be hungry

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Most disappointing place I lived here 12 years ago and the few Jamison's that were in the area at that time were very good. I was by myself so I sat at the bar and I don't know if it was what I ordered or just the snooty bartender's attitude. It took the bartender three times to get my order right so that might of had something to do with the way the fish was presented. The walleye was dry and unseasoned. Broccoli no flavor and the rice was cold. Just a ridiculous experience and if you do want to try this place I wouldn't recommend sitting at the bar unless you are just ordering a sandwich.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My group of 6 dined on Friday night. The service was top notch even though there were multiple large parties in the restaurant. Excellent menu variety. Steak, shrimp and fish were great choices. Sides were cooked perfectly. Reasonable prices. Yum!

1  Thank Sandy U
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have eaten here four times, and the last time was the best yet. A GREAT prime rib sandwich special on the menu. Terrific service. Nice specials on drinks. Not sure I can say much more. They were getting ready in the hotel for a couple events (a book signing and a wedding) but the restaurant was great and focused on all patrons.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant is a just a few blocks from my house. We chose to spend New Years Eve there. We weren't able to get in until 8:15 but okay.....so I ordered the Prime Rib special and my husband ordered the 10 oz. strip steak. Soup came (broccoli cheddar) and it was cold & had to send it back. Server told us it has been a recurring issue throughout the evening. My entree arrived cold too so I had to send it back. It came back hot, but unfortunately, I think it may have been undercooked, because I was sick the next day. My husband's steak was fine. I only ate half of my prime rib ~ I have to say it was a generous portion ~ but I was afraid to eat the leftovers...Overall, the server was super friendly and tried very hard to please but the kitchen staff was just not up to snuff. May or may not be returning.....