“Blood covered sheets”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Blood covered sheets”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at extended stay for the night of July 20 - 21. When we checked in to our room we found blood on the sheets. (In fact we took pictures of the sheets). When we complained the front desk said they would have the cleaning sheets. We come back later in the night only to find that our sheets were not changed. When we complained again, the front desk said the cleaning ladies have already left and there was nothing that could be done. The only alternative that seemed to exist was to take the new sheets and change them myself. We had a 6 month old baby with us, and we could not find a new hotel anywhere close by at that time of the night. Without any options we took the sheets and changed it ourself!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank tosh1983

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have grandchildren in the area and have been coming to this hotel for close to 10 years. It was recently sold to new owners. Good points: location, room size, better pillows and breakfast. Points that are problems: WIFI stinks and so does new policy of only cleaning weekly rented rooms on the 8th day. this really bothered me .

Room Tip: away from the freeway and parking lot.
1 Thank shulamit657
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am glad to read your remarks about our upgraded pillows and our new grab-and-go breakfast. However, I am sorry that our WiFi was not working properly and the housekeeping schedule did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am working with our internet provider on fixing our connection. Please know, our hotel has recently re-branded, but is still owned by the same company.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sko@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Orchard Lake
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The room was neat and clean and quite adequate for our one night stay. They said it had a grab-and-go breakfast. Not quite - coffee, plastic wrapped muffins,granola bars and apples. The coffee was good though.

1 Thank Orchardmary
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As we work to improve this offering, we will definitely keep your feedback in mind. Still, I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your clean room.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at sko@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed June 25, 2013

At www.hotwire.com I looked for a hotel in Evanston area, near Chicago. But this hotel is in Skokie, far away from the subway. This hotel was cheap, but far away from the subway (I had to rent a car), has only one cleaning per week and a very poor grab and go breakfast.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2013

(1) Bathroom toilet ring does not fit toilet. Toilet is large long sized seat, the ring is cheap small round size, it does not even cover the toilet, makes ladies very uncomfortable to use.

(2) Shower head keeps slipping to the low end of the bar. I don't know how tall people would take show like this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Chris - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you found the bathroom in your room to be uncomfortable and that the shower head did not work properly. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought these issues to the attention of our maintenance department to ensure they are corrected and your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at sko@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Travelers are raving about these Skokie hotels

Appleton, WI
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Overall, my stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago-Skokie was a good one. I have stayed in many a hotel in my lifetime, but this was my first hotel stay by myself. As a young female, I was nervous about traveling out of town alone, but I felt welcome and safe as soon as I walked into the lobby. I was greeted immediately and the woman at the front desk made sure that I had everything I needed. She even made a call up to my room after I got settled to make sure that room looked okay and asked if I needed anything. Overall the room was fairly clean, the towels were a little dingy and there was one small spot on the comforter, but the bathroom was well maintained and the bed was comfortable. The only complaint that I would have is the noise level. I am a night owl, so the noise late at night was of no bother to me, but I can see where it would be potentially bothersome to other guests. When I returned from my excursion in to the city, I was promptly greeted by the man at the front desk, who asked me how my stay was so far. I did not utilize the grab-and-go breakfast, but I was made aware upon check-in that it was available. The checkout process was quick and easy, and all of the staff that I encountered were very pleasant and accomodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Columbus
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Wife and I stayed at this property for two nights while visiting family in the West Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago. Plenty of free parking and easy access to the expressway. Old Orchard mall is down the street. While the price cannot be beat for the area, you do get what you pay for...The check in desk attendant was prompt and friendly.
The room was clean and orderly, on first glance. A more indepth inspection revealed dust around lamps, desks, and on tables. A torn bed skirt, what appeared to be cigarette burns on the blanket, and a mattress that reminded me of my first dorm room. We ended up having to turn on the heat as to only use the sheet, and limit contact with all other covers. Barking dog next door and slamming doors added to the ambiance.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. The staff and I are currently working on resolving each of them so these types of situations do not happen again. Still, I am very happy to hear that you found parking to be easy, our location to be convenient and the staff to be friendly.

Thank you again for your remarks. We hope that you will give our hotel another try in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Best Western Morton Grove Inn
Best Western Morton Grove Inn
#1 of 2 in Morton Grove
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago North Shore - Niles

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie? Share your experiences!