“Awesome Value with Friendly Staff”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a clean “no-frills” extended hotel. The hotel was about $50 to $100 per night cheaper than other hotels in the area. The morning hotel clerk informed me that the hotel had been completely renovated in Jan 2013. The hotel had everything that I needed (comfortable bed, well lit work desk, TV with channels I watch at home such as USA and TNT) and some features that I didn’t use (full kitchen.) When I checked in, Barbara was the front desk clerk. The check in was efficient. She explained the features of the hotel and provided info on local restaurants and the delivery room service menu. After I was in my room for a few minutes, she called to make sure I was pleased with the room. The room was quiet. I could not hear my neighbors.
The morning breakfast simple, fruit, muffins, breakfast bars with coffee and tea. It was sufficient to keep me full until lunch time.
The hotel did not have a fitness room. If you are willing to exercise outside, there was a park with a jogging/bike path. If you want to eat out, the hotel is near a mall with several restaurants (e.g. Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen) and lots of shopping (e.g. Macy’s, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom’s.) The mall also has two movie theaters. If you want to use the kitchen, there is a Jewel grocery store a short drive (less than 10 minutes) off of Skokie Blvd.
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. If I am in the area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful and informative review of our hotel. We are delighted that you found us to be a great value and appreciate you mentioning the friendliness of the staff. Comments from satisfied guests like yourself makes all the hard work we put in on a daily basis, worth it.

Thank you again for your review and we are looking forward to making your next stay with us even better then the first.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the eighth time my wife and I have travelled for treatment and/or testing for her stage 4 breast cancer. Weather in Chicago was pretty cold (the coldest we've ever experienced being from the tropical island of Guam) and our stay could have been a miserable disaster if ESA was lacking any of the important basics of life that we needed. If you're looking for a pool, vaulted ceilings and marble tiles you'll be disappointed but if you're on a budget and looking for all the basics of daily life I believe ESA will meet your needs too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in Skokie. I appreciate the fact that you have recognized the hard work of our dedicated employees. Our team strives to ensure that every guest is given a “home away from home” experience. We are so glad to have provided that for you, especially since you were visiting from so far away and for an unfortunate reason. We wish you and your wife our best!

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Good customer service, nice up to date rooms and t.v. clean. Good prices. only down sides is location is further from downtown than described and very small breakfast offered. Nice Kitchen area with full size fridge if that's what you need. good for longer stays.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. It is great to hear that you had such a pleasant experience. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us at Extended Stay America Skokie in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you are looking for something close to downtown, this hotel probably isn't for you. The hotel is located in Skokie, IL and we were visiting with my daughter who lives in the Ravenswood neighborhood of Chicago. Although the hotel was only 8 miles from her apartment, it took approximately 30 minutes to drive there on a Sunday morning with little traffic. There is a train that travels to the loop, but in comes infrequently, the stop was not within walking distance of the hotel, and the train ride is about one hour to the loop.

The hotel was clean, quiet, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. While they have a small selection of "grab and go" breakfast items in the lobby, it didn't seem like the supply was replenished after is was initially set out, so I would plan to get your own breakfast. I was very pleased with my experience here. This is definately on my list of preferred hotels when visiting my daughter.

Room Tip: Most rooms are designed for 1 or 2 adults. If you are traveling with children, they do have a few...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay at Extended Stay America Skokie. It's great to hear that you had such a enjoyable stay with us. Thank you again for your sincere feedback. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed 2 nights. I originally chose it for the kitchen facility, which we ended up not needing. The location was very convenient for our visit. I was a little wary, having read bad reviews here, but either they were from before a recent remodel, or those people had expectations way beyond reasonable. We found this to be a very clean, very comfortable place to stay, at a reasonable price for the area.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay. We value our guest's feedback. Once again, I thank you for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I only stayed here one night, despite it being an extended stay hotel. I was travelling to Chicago for one, potentially two nights and just needed somewhere to stay. This hotel was great, great price, and were very willing to let me check in early, and check out late.

Room Tip: Ask if they can give you any lower of a rate when booking. I asked, and she ended up giving me 5% of...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thanks for trying us out for the one night! Even though our name says Extended Stay we really value our nightly guests. We are thrilled you checked us out while you were in town. Please try us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel is right off of the highway and easy to find, and is great for long term stays. My room was clean when I arrived and then cleaned each week I stayed. The kitchen is equipped with cups, plates, silverware, pots, pans, and such. The beds and pillows are comfortable. There is plenty of parking space and there is also a laundry room at the facility. The room is well maintained and the hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. The hotel staff is also very informative and knowledgeable.

There is no pool at the facility, but there is a Lifetime Fitness withing walking distance from the hotel. The is an outdoor mall that is also a few minutes away.

The hotel shares their lot with Ruby Tuesday restaurant and offers room service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your long term stay. We definitely are a great fit for the area as we are surrounded by so many conveniences. The staff was so glad to hear your were impressed with the hotel, room and them! Thanks for letting us know.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Best Western Morton Grove Inn
Best Western Morton Grove Inn
#1 of 2 in Morton Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie? Share your experiences!